Steps

Two new tracks is my guess, three max.

Two being singles. I’d love to be proved wrong, but the fact they’ve given us What The Future Holds Part 1 & 2 in the past two years I’d imagine the tank is empty.

They also probably don’t want it to be a case of diminishing returns with studio albums, Part 2 didn’t stick around for as long as Part 1 did it?

I’m sure they’ll want to focus on the 27 formats of the Greatest Hits/celebrating the 25 years rather than fresh music.

My question is, does the fact they are releasing another GH signify they’re wrapping it up? Would love to think they’ll continue to make new music, I actually listen to the last three albums more than I listen to the original three now!

I wouldn’t be surprised if there was a break of three years or so after the greatest hits to give space for solo projects and for us all to be ready for more Steps albums in 564 formats.

Reactions: jtm
I don’t see this Greatest Hits being the end. I don’t think they’ll break up till at least after the 30th anniversary. They’d be silly to till then.

Agree with this. The greatest hits and celebration feels like it’s happening because 25 is a nice number, and usually a milestone (more so than 30). They seem to be in a good space where they are able to work and have time to themselves and their own projects, and a lot of goodwill and success. I don’t see them wrapping it up after the 25th. Maybe a regular year off to prepare for the next cycle, but definitely not a long hiatus.

Reactions: jtm
I think two new tracks is too low a number to really make a significant dent in sales/interest considering they've already had 2 no.1 greatest hits albums.

A celebration of the 25 years has to celebrate the hits, yes, while also either putting a different slant on tracks the majority of casuals will have already had, or are able to stream already, or it has to find another way of earning a few extra sales by including a few more new songs.

Last edited:
Been thinking, and if (as some have said) parts of the What The Future Holds DVD was filmed in an empty arena without an audience, maybe the extra is a full performance on stage of To The Beat Of My Heart.

Songs that are likely to be included on a Greatest Hits:

Last Thing On My Mind
One For Sorrow
Heartbeat
Tragedy
Better Best Forgotten
Love’s Got A Hold On My Heart
After The Love Has Gone
Say You’ll Be Mine
Better The Devil You Know
Deeper Shade Of Blue
Summer Of Love
When I Said Goodbye
Stomp
It’s The Way You Make Me Feel
Here And Now
You’ll Be Sorry
Chain Reaction
Words Are Not Enough?
Scared Of The Dark
Story Of A Heart
Neon Blue
Dancing With A Broken Heart
What The Future Holds
Something In Your Eyes
Heartbreak In This City
Take Me For A Ride

Plus new songs - it’s easily a double disc situation.

Songs that are likely to be included on a Greatest Hits:

Last Thing On My Mind
One For Sorrow
Heartbeat
Tragedy
Better Best Forgotten
Love’s Got A Hold On My Heart
After The Love Has Gone
Say You’ll Be Mine
Better The Devil You Know
Deeper Shade Of Blue
Summer Of Love
When I Said Goodbye
Stomp
It’s The Way You Make Me Feel
Here And Now
You’ll Be Sorry
Chain Reaction
Words Are Not Enough?
Scared Of The Dark
Story Of A Heart
Neon Blue
Dancing With A Broken Heart
What The Future Holds
Something In Your Eyes
Heartbreak In This City
Take Me For A Ride

Plus new songs - it’s easily a double disc situation.

I feel like this could easily be a triple disc combo. (With bonus material on disc 3)

They are now definitely in the Ultimate Kylie status. Way too much to fit one CD and with room for disappointment as a certain track(s) are omitted!

Glorious time!

He/Him
Wait I’m so confused. Have they actually confirmed a new GH is coming or is this all speculation on what the bonus is on the Tour Blu-ray?

Wait I’m so confused. Have they actually confirmed a new GH is coming or is this all speculation on what the bonus is on the Tour Blu-ray?

I think it is still speculation. As nothing has been confirmed.

Personally it might be a bit of a Dannii Hits and Beyond type affair!

But we shall know in all good time.