Steps

2 new songs would be nice, at least.

I'll ne very curious to see what the band does after this. One would think, given the success, they'd continue on.
Well in the sun interview HRH Lisa states that splitting up hasn't been discussed. It would be nice if there was another tour of sorts announced to coincide with the outdoor gigs, even if it was for 2023/24 to show some post "25th" commitment, I guess we just have to wait and see what the future holds. I would imagine having a presale/ticket deal with pre-orders could work.

He/Him
I’d love them to release music quite frequently, but I don’t think they can keep touring that often. They need a break to build up demand again. I don’t think just music is profitable enough though.

Reactions: jtm

Island

Staff member
I’d love them to release music quite frequently, but I don’t think they can keep touring that often. They need a break to build up demand again. I don’t think just music is profitable enough though.
I think there'll always be demand. There's always a clear difference between their "album era" tours and their Summer/Festival Tours. The album era tours always build more hype anyways, and who can't resist Lisa coming back to the UK!?

See

They've definitely gone above and beyond the past two years. I could see an album/tour every three to four years working. Gives them plenty of down tike for family and other gigs.

The gap between Tears and Future made me miss them. I imagine the same would be same for the general public.

I understand very little about the industry and costs, but would imagine that if the Platinum collection is a success, it would have actually cost very little to produce due to 95% of the content being there already. I would have thought that profits from this and the Live album/dvd being released this summer would easily cover the costs for multiple albums in future - even if they would need to wait another 3 years or more before any touring/merchandise income.

I understand very little about the industry and costs, but would imagine that if the Platinum collection is a success, it would have actually cost very little to produce due to 95% of the content being there already. I would have thought that profits from this and the Live album/dvd being released this summer would easily cover the costs for multiple albums in future - even if they would need to wait another 3 years or more before any touring/merchandise income.

Could there be licensing costs as the different eras are under different labels?

I can't think of any manufactured bands who have done what they've done so in a way they are leading the pack - usually it would be about scraping a living on the nostalgia circuit, not selling out arenas