Steps

Yeah, I don't think it's an issue these days, if it was they'd remove it, certainly.

Though, at best their album sales from streams won't be keeping the competition up at night...

Just heard The Runner and I am just so confused as to why it's not chosen as the lead single for this era. The build-up towards the end and the drama as the song progresses by each minute are just astounding! The beginning bits sound a bit dated but that's what makes Steps sound so unique.

It's funny that as soon as I hear it, I hear "ABBA". It's not the case when Bananarama's doing it or even Third Degree. Steps definitely put a stamp on it!

The Runner = Tragedy x The Slightest Touch.

He/him
I'm irrationally annoyed that so many of you have heard it. General consensus appears to be positive in here though. I didn't actually like the original of Slightest Touch, but loved their cover, which in turn made me love the original too.

But I absolutely LOVE the original of The Runner, so I just need it to keep as much of the bonkers disco flourishes of that, and not be a generic bore-a-thon like the Bananarama version.

The slightest touch is one of the best things Steps have ever created. The Runner is one of the worst. I understand everyone has different opinions and I can see why people would like it but to compare it against the masterpiece of the slightest touch? Never in a million years!