Steps

I think we'll get a digital release week release too, but my gut says it'll be the standard version with a few of the new HD videos (which are readily available online for most)....rather than being padded out with any 'extra' tracks.

I hope to god I'm wrong.

Demi has bundles galore but no vinyl, so I can’t see her outselling Steps’ physicals, but her streams will be higher.

Demi does have vinyl on their official UK store as I’ve ordered one, but none for sale on Amazon or HMV that I can see. I think there is an exclusive red vinyl edition up for preorder for certain indie record shops though, and yeah multiple editions/bundles (spray painted/signed etc) on the official store plus it is an album full of new material unlike Steps and Madonna so alongside Aitch they have that on their side.

Mvnl

Staff member
Steps are actively promoting this and they're relying a lot on nostalgia for the songs themselves. Madonna's project isn't being promoted and is all remixed versions which doesn't have wide appeal.

Obviously I hope they’ll do great!
It’s just that, even as a big pop fan, when it comes to acts I casually like I won’t exactly rush out in release week to get a new compilation, especially in times where it’s not exactly been hard to list to their hits before the release. But hope the general public will!

Last edited:
Great snippet of The Runner. Those full group vocals, bliss!

And apart from getting the Number One spot more formats would help. Yet are more "exclusives" worth it for this campaign? I personally don't see any additional extras.

Great snippet of The Runner. Those full group vocals, bliss!

And apart from getting the Number One spot more formats would help. Yet are more "exclusives" worth it for this campaign? I personally don't see any additional extras.

I guess it depends how the preorders have gone and how much they want the 4 no.1 albums in 4 decades, and how much difference it actually makes to the sales in line with costs.