Steps

It's quite amazing how even in demo form they're very similar = do they just work with the recorded vocal tracks rather than re-record them?

He/Him
Really like hearing Lee’s voice all the way through; especially on ‘Look how we dance, it’s so fantastic’ (still such a terrible lyric); and he and Lisa singing the middle bit.

I remember reading him talk about singing all the way through and sounding really excited about it, only for a different (inferior) version to be released.

Last edited:
Really like hearing Lee’s voice all the way through; especially on ‘Look how we dance, it’s so fantastic’ (still such a terrible lyric); and he and Lisa singing the middle bit.

I remember reading him talk about singing all the way through and sounding really excited about it, only for a different (inferior) version to be released.
Yeah, I wish this had been the official release and a shining moment for Lee. What a shame it's not the case.

Singing these words to The Alias, "What Lee gotta do to make you love him?" ala Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Words.

I'm not 100% sure if he's singing the actual song melody or harmonising, in case of the latter it probably wouldn't work very well
I do think it’s the melody just maybe an octave lower? Like a bass vs an alto

Why is so much suddenly leaking? Every time I refresh the website there’s more stuff!

If Faye fancied putting out a solo album for 2024 that'd be great, cheers hun x

Going back to the subject of musicals (funnily enough just as I Know Him So Well came up on my playlist - btw did you know that Sandra Dickinson is David Tennant's mother in law and also now in Peppa Pig?? versatile queen!). I think a lot of people don't realise how difficult it is to write a musical and also that it REALLY needs a songwriter's viewpoint to be front and centre, even if there aren't any original songs - Mamma Mia being an obvious example. I think aside from jukebox musicals swamping the market (so making it harder to stand out), being a good writer in other genres says nothing about someone's ability to write musicals. I'm not actually particularly surprised that Jennifer Saunders couldn't write a good Spice Girls musical! The issue is very much that people think writing a musical means just writing a regular play with some songs crammed in - even a jukebox musical needs more than that. I don't think the source material is the issue. However....some source material is easier to work with than others. I think part of the reason why Benny and Björn are so good at it is the big dollop of melancholy in their songwriting, which Steps doesn't have...quite so much of. The Spice Girls' back catalogue actually has quite a bit, as does Kylie's. It's really difficult to make a musical work with just sunny carefree pop, though.