Steps

Highlights of the chat:

- Claire believes Faye is the best dancer in the group.
- She does not like children apart of her own.
- She used to have a crush on Ronan when TSD toured with Boyzone. She would stay in the corridors of venues, hoping Peter Andre would notice her and talk to her, but that never happened.
- One of her TSD bandmates borrowed pants or something from Mel / Shaznay (this was pre-All Saints) when they toured together and thought it was hilarious.
- Claire no longer keeps in touch with her TSD bandmates.
- The band's name, TSD, was chosen because the record company, a Japanese one, had originally suggested "The Scandals." However, people around them rejected the name, so the girls changed it to TSD.
- She briefly mentioned Steps' split when asked about it, explaining that they were essentially burned out due to the long hours and gruelling schedule, with no breaks.

Highlights of the chat:

- Claire believes Faye is the best dancer in the group.
- She does not like children apart of her own.
- She used to have a crush on Ronan when TSD toured with Boyzone. She would stay in the corridors of venues, hoping Peter Andre would notice her and talk to her, but that never happened.
- One of her TSD bandmates borrowed pants or something from Mel / Shaznay (this was pre-All Saints) when they toured together and thought it was hilarious.
- Claire no longer keeps in touch with her TSD bandmates.
- The band's name, TSD, was chosen because the record company, a Japanese one, had originally suggested "The Scandals." However, people around them rejected the name, so the girls changed it to TSD.
- She briefly mentioned Steps' split when asked about it, explaining that they were essentially burned out due to the long hours and gruelling schedule, with no breaks.
The Scan Dolls in fact

a one off 'Party in the Park' gig would be fine but we don't need a joint tour, we'd just get an hours greatest hits from each of them. The story was about them doing a show(s) together so thankfully not a McBusted situation.

I hope we get more new material from Steps when they come back and it's not just a 30th anniversary 'Ultimate Platinum Golden Collection' and a greatest hits tour (again).

a one off 'Party in the Park' gig would be fine but we don't need a joint tour, we'd just get an hours greatest hits from each of them. The story was about them doing a show(s) together so thankfully not a McBusted situation.

I hope we get more new material from Steps when they come back and it's not just a 30th anniversary 'Ultimate Platinum Golden Collection' and a greatest hits tour (again).
S Club would be lucky to open for Steps. It would be an amazing gig don't get me wrong but Steps definitely don't / won't need to be doing a joint tour with anyone.

They are one of the bands who genuinely know exactly what the fans want so will know it has to be new material and a new tour for the 30th and the break will have made them hungry for it again.

Steps could release new material this Autumn and we'd be ready for it. They seem like they've been gone ages.

Last edited:

Mvnl

Staff member
Surely even they know that would be pushing it too far?
If they have to go full nostalgic again I'll deluxe album reissues.

Speaking of which: just found an Indonesian Step One in a dutch thriftstore for 1 euro???
(Colors seem slightly different and paper slightly different so still to decide if bootleg or 'just what this one looks like')

Same for me. Disgraceful haha. Well they blame outside influences, but still annoying either way.
Same for me… more frustrating is my local HMV store who I ordered it with, have received a copy in stock… but my order is delayed due to the warehouse not receiving stock in time.

It’s frustrating, but as long as I do recieve my copy I can wait.

I’ve noticed pre-orders seem to be a problem generally lately… last few things I pre-ordered with Amazon I was receiving emails to say they will be delivered the Tuesday after release… however, I can order the same item on release day and have it delivered on the Saturday… make it make sense!