Steve Grand - Not The End Of Me (July 6, 2018) | The Popjustice Forum

Steve Grand - Not The End Of Me (July 6, 2018)

Discussion in 'Potential next big things' started by londonrain, Jul 2, 2018.

1. Steve Grand (of All-American Boy / "gay country star" / endless shirtless modelling photos / PJSC flop fame) is releasing a new album entitled Not The End Of Me this Friday (July 6).

[​IMG]

Presumably it will contain last year's single Walking:

His first album debuted at #47 in the US when he was at the peak of his internet buzz so it'll be interesting to see how this one does. He did an Attitude interview last year (around the time Walking came out) in which he talked about his issues with alcohol abuse, which started after the end of a seven-year relationship, and his journey to sobriety. Given the title and that background, I wonder if that means we're getting a slightly darker album this time.

Sprockrooster likes this.
  2. Sprockrooster and KamikazeHeart like this.
  3. K94

K94

Nice to know he's still irritating!

Jwentz and Bangers&Bops like this.
  4. Not trying to be shady, but I've noticed that most times a singer releases an album that states this is not the end, that ironically ends up becoming their last album.
    i.e.
    Spice Girls - Forever
    Black Eyed Peas - The Beginning

5. In fairness he’s not a band, so he can hardly break up, can he?

6. That 'Walking' song really highlights how easy it is to hide the low production values of country music over pop.

7. Who wants to leak his only fans content?

8. He’s just released a video for Don’t Let The Light In.

The album is good but I need more time to really get into it as a whole.

Sprockrooster likes this.
  9. Great video!

londonrain likes this.
  10. I liked "Walking," I liked "All American Boy." The sound of this album overall was good, with "Pink Champagne" being a highlight. The song where he's asking Jesus to rape him til there's no blood left sounded great, but I was confused about the overall theme. Not sure about the "Walking (2018 Remix)"...what was the point of last year's release?

11. uh excuse me wait what?

londonrain likes this.
  12. "sounded great' as in production-wise. the lyrics, though...
    https://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/stevegrand/disciple.html

13. Oh I'd be interesting in hearing this I heard 'We Are The Night (abeit a remix version)' and 'Time" and I rather liked them songs. I should also listen to his first album.

londonrain likes this.
  14. I think it's meant to be an evisceration of Christianity? ohwow.gif though.

Years and Years and their religion-as-bottoming metaphors found shaking.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.