Stock, Aitken & Waterman

Oh come on, singles and title track aside it towers over Enjoy Yourself… it’s a solid album. I revisit this way more than KM94 (again, amazing singles notwithstanding).
Oh no I am a Let's Get To Stan don't you worry, (bopping to the title track itself as it happens!). Just meant the great one herself would rather (alas) ignore it.

That was my favourite episode of the podcast so far. All Mixed Up has to be SAW's most polarizing single, you really do either love it or hate it. I've always been firmly in the love it category - I stanned Gayle and Gillian in Neighbours and really like the almost italo house production a la early Dannii Minogue and Cathy Dennis.

I remember them appearing on breakfast TV to promote All Mixed Up

and buying the Smash Hits with them on the cover

twins.jpg

Between that and the fact they recorded a Top of the Pops appearance, hopes must have been high for their single so it landing at #77 must have been such a disappointment for them. I think it definitely deserved to be a Top 40 hit.

I bought their other two singles and think their 1994 single Wanna Be Your Lover is a genuinely fantastic record!

I’m forever a Let’s Get To It ‘truther’ and I believe it’s way more indicative of Kylie’s actual music taste (at the time anyway) than the previous 3 PWL albums.
I agree with this, but I think she's since understood just because you enjoy certain styles doesn't mean that style suits you as an artist. I felt for album 4 they should have built more on the dance diva she was becoming. The likes of Do you dare, I guess i like it, Closer, Right here right now and ultimately the BIR mix of Finer feelings were the direction the album should have gone in. But hey, it did her no harm long term.

That was my favourite episode of the podcast so far. All Mixed Up has to be SAW's most polarizing single, you really do either love it or hate it. I've always been firmly in the love it category - I stanned Gayle and Gillian in Neighbours and really like the almost italo house production a la early Dannii Minogue and Cathy Dennis.

I remember them appearing on breakfast TV to promote All Mixed Up

and buying the Smash Hits with them on the cover

twins.jpg

Between that and the fact they recorded a Top of the Pops appearance, hopes must have been high for their single so it landing at #77 must have been such a disappointment for them. I think it definitely deserved to be a Top 40 hit.

I bought their other two singles and think their 1994 single Wanna Be Your Lover is a genuinely fantastic record!

Absolutely loved them too… SAW did them dirty with lousy production on “All Mixed Up”. It’s a great track but could have been better. Read in a recent mag that there is also an unused rap on the multitrack.

Love the follow ups singles. They both sound great on them. I think with AMU SAW must have been recorded them separately and then just synced them up so do it in unison. could have sounded so much better.

If only we could hear the album!! Loved the live vocals on “Mad if ya don’t” on Blue Peter

I think Matt raging about Pete's deal was a bit off. Had he not done that the business could have gone under and staff laid off. The idea that they could just do it every now and then when it was a business was somewhat fanciful. I understand why he did what he did but the label wasn't making money off the few acts they had at that stage. I imagine Rhythm of love just doing OK numbers must have been a shocker.

I think Matt raging about Pete's deal was a bit off. Had he not done that the business could have gone under and staff laid off. The idea that they could just do it every now and then when it was a business was somewhat fanciful. I understand why he did what he did but the label wasn't making money off the few acts they had at that stage. I imagine Rhythm of love just doing OK numbers must have been a shocker.
Not to mention only just coming in at #9 compared to the #1 peaks of her first two.

Exclusive footage of you listening to this banger

That reminds me.., I need to re-upload this (and quite a few other videos), as for some reason, YouTube has darkened the picture for some (but not all - and there doesn’t appear to be any rhyme or reason which videos are affected) of my earlier uploads that were .vob files. The picture looks blacker than it should be.