Stock, Aitken & Waterman

Inspired by this thread, I listened to it for the millionth time this morning and noticed:
- The slow oohing and aahing intro of Too Much of a Good Thing sounds very Erotica
- Lyrically, Live and Learn seems akin to Things Can Only Get Better (she even repeats “What’s past is past”)
- Let’s Get To It is indeed a very similar to I Wanna Sex U Up. How did I never notice this?
A lot of the time we don't really recognise soundalikes when they're new - but do so years later. It's so weird.

Pretty much the whole album mimics other stuff. Word is out mixed new Jack swing with a bit of incognito, Too much of a good thing is extremely Lisa Lisa 'Let the beat hit em', I guess I like it IS 2 Unlimited's Get ready for this (plus a Salt n Pepa sample). Right here right now is wannabe Steve Silk Hurley and there's bits of other artists too. It's just very un-Kylie.

I think for me, the album just lacked warmth. Even the cover felt cold and unappealing. The whole thing just needed a bit more colour. I used to program the tracks so that it played the 6 non-singles and that was an improvement.

I loved the two dance b-sides. I still play them more than the actual album.

Pretty much the whole album mimics other stuff. Word is out mixed new Jack swing with a bit of incognito, Too much of a good thing is extremely Lisa Lisa 'Let the beat hit em', I guess I like it IS 2 Unlimited's Get ready for this (plus a Salt n Pepa sample). Right here right now is wannabe Steve Silk Hurley and there's bits of other artists too. It's just very un-Kylie.
Also If You Were With Me Know is very Save The Best To Last, Live and Learn is similar to This Is Your Life by The Banderas, Say The Word I'll Be There is pretty much Get Here by Oleta Adams, Do You Dare is basically 2V=231 House Mix by Anticapella, and No World Without You is More Than Words by Extreme.

Apols for double post, and I may be reaching but Give Me A Little More Time production-wise is pretty similar to Footsteps by Frances Nero which came out about 6 months before it.

The only LGTI track that I can't compare anything to is Finer Feelings.

Let's Get To It was a great precursor to Kylie Minogue '94, it's a definite step up in terms of maturity from her previous PWL albums and a nice bridge to her decon era. The styling, package etc was a lot more sophisticated than what went before.

I think the reason it's overlooked is because the actual singles chosen from it (apart from Finer Feelings) were a bit mediocre, but the album tracks and B-sides are all pretty interesting.

Can you imagine if we had the internet/forums/etc at this level back then when she released Lets Get To It. Thankfully we all just took our disappointment in silo, and I, as a fickle teenage, transferred my fandom back to Madonna for what would be the Erotica era...

One of the biggest headscratchers about the whole campaign is that it went from an album with all 4 singles aimed at the dancefloor to one with none. I heard I guess I like it like that in the clubs a bit but nothing else.

I love Let's Get To It and will forever do so. I probably play it more than Rhythm Of Love these days to be honest...
I've always enjoyed Let's Get To It... we differ on this but I still can't love Word Is Out and No World Without You should've been swapped to b side status with the far superior Say The Word - I'll Be There... I really believe it was just a case of the sound/singles run was so great on ROL... the album just couldn't compete. To me they should have released the singles as follows

Right Here Right Now
If You Were With Me Now
Give Me Just A Little More Time/Do You Dare*
Finer Feelings/Closer*

* released and promoted as proper double A sides

Let's Get To It was a great precursor to Kylie Minogue '94, it's a definite step up in terms of maturity from her previous PWL albums and a nice bridge to her decon era. The styling, package etc was a lot more sophisticated than what went before.

I think the reason it's overlooked is because the actual singles chosen from it (apart from Finer Feelings) were a bit mediocre, but the album tracks and B-sides are all pretty interesting.
Let's Get To It really does surge into KM94 rather well. They are almost like sister albums at times in that respect. Even more interesting when you think they come from different labels and periods in Kylie's life.