Stock, Aitken & Waterman | Page 27 | The Popjustice Forum

Stock, Aitken & Waterman

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by Cowboystyle, Dec 18, 2016.

1. I’d bet there is a studio version of Love Train, very much like Bananarama’s You Give Love A Bad Name. Never seen the existence of it confirmed though.

Yes, they recorded Doing What They Said Can’t Be Done with the Hoff too, also unreleased but recorded by the brilliant Peter Wilson a few years ago.

2. CatastropheBoy and Eric Generic like this.
  3. Golly, it was all very much more miss than hit until 1987!

Hairycub1969 and Eric Generic like this.
  4. Indeed! But some of those flops were great.

5. Absolutely, Edwin Starr, The Three Degrees, Boy Krazy and Suzette Charles to name a few

Eric Generic likes this.
  6. I also love The Twins, Delage, Kakko and Paul Varney

idratherjack and Shocked like this.
  7. I sometimes wish they had explored this bossanova sound more, this song is floptastic.

hownee and Eric Generic like this.
  8. From memory, these 2 were 2/3 of flop girlband The Marines? The other one, Helen Hoffner, released a pretty good album in 1992.

9. Yes!

10. Yes the Mondo Kane and Georgie Fame stuff is some of my favourite SAW from the mid-80s.

11. This deserves an official release:

Dr Pop, hownee, nanafan and 2 others like this.
  12. I need this on streaming

13. I'm not too keen on Fame's voice (especially on Samba), but the production is otherwise fantastic.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2021
    Eric Generic likes this.
  14. Great to see the Mondo Kane tracks getting some love, they are both gorgeous with lush vocals

Eric Generic likes this.
  15. Was Mondo Kané SAW themselves, or an actual group?

There's not much known about this project really.

16. I think his version was unfinished, but it would be great to hear Never Been A Right Time To Say Goodbye actually sung on the verses instead of talked like the WWF guy did. It's a pretty decent song.

letuinmybackdoor likes this.
  17. This should've been a huge hit, I love her raspy vocals!

lob0to, Rooneyboy and idratherjack like this.
  18. EG Daily should have been a huge pop star, she had the looks and the voice! Mind Over Matter is seriously Top 10 SAW for me.

19. Now the only EG Daily you get on Popjustice are my posting contributions.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.