Stooshe - London With The Lights On | The Popjustice Forum

Stooshe - London With The Lights On

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by absintheboy, Mar 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rmx

Rmx

In a perfect world, Cher Lloyd is their lead singer.

I like the song! But I hate their name. Stooshe? Stoopid.

2. vasilios

vasilios Guest

absintheboy ROCKS!

3. 18, 20 and 21?! No way.

4. Merzbeef

Merzbeef Guest

I am disappointed it isn't really that female-empowering (i.e. The Way You Love Me), but it's nice enough.

5. Frickin awesome!!!

6. Loving this.....thanks for the link. Been on repeat 5 times so far.

7. They're like the more "Imgonnafuckincutya" version of Soundgirl.

8. This is surprisingly decent for such classy names, very funky.

9. Love it. They're like a tame version of The Real Heat.

God I miss The Real Heat.

10. Someboy

Someboy Staff Member

Now this is a video worth two million hits in three days.

11. But SoundGirl are a CREDIBLE pop group and very SERIOUS which is why some of Betty's more arch lyrics (lyrics she could get away with because she's the postmodern pop sensation Betty Boo) go down like lyrical lead weights when a CREDIBLE and SERIOUS pop group like SoundGirl sing them. StooShe are ridiculous and brilliant if a little bit badly named.

12. The video is fucking hilair. I do quite like the song though.

13. Someboy

Someboy Staff Member

What is this SoundGirl nonsense about? No serious girl group has line in their single that goes, "This ain't 'Glee', I'm back on 'The Wire.'"

14. You didn't read my opinion properly! The power of quoting will remedy that!

Lyrics like the ones you quoted sound a bit out of place with a group like SoundGirl. It's the schism between their serious image (thus far) and some of their lyrical content. They don't really gel together for me and it all feels a bit unconvincing. It would be like the original sullen Sugababes singing about High School Musical.

15. Someboy

Someboy Staff Member

I don't see them as serious at all!

Obviously, StooShe are a complete riot, but it's over the top. SoundGirl may not throw everything at your face, but they're hardly hung up on credibility Aguilera-style.

16. Is this some early April Fool's joke or has PJ been abducted by aliens for the day?

Name = just shit.
    Song = no discernible chorus but a vaguely listenable sub-Amy Winehouse groove.
    Video = embarrassing, is this really 2011? That would have been bad in 1995. Who let that rapper take his shirt off? Bad idea and terrible facial hair.

If this is the best pop music people can get excited about it must be a really slow week.

17. This is ABSOLUTELY brilliant. In every way...

18. I tried the "Love Me" version and still found it too... adolescent.

For what it was, I found the video to be entertaining. The musical arrangement, voices, rhythm, just everything, was fun and catchy and I'll probably be listening to a few more times yet today. Unfortunately the lyrics will largely relegate the song to dance clubs and the occassional novelty mit instead of making it available to a larger audience, which is unfortunate as the girls have a lot of potential here.

A rocking good start.

19. It's like a three girl Knock 'Em Out!

"Only joking, you know I don't do dick" - Amazing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.