Stooshe - London With The Lights On | Page 83 | The Popjustice Forum

Stooshe - London With The Lights On

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by absintheboy, Mar 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Re: Stooshe - Album discussion

Were the results of the survey that the majority wanted an album of Black Heart soundalikes? Cos that's what we've basically got. There are a few stand out tracks of the Stooshe we all used to know and love but, otherwise, this is pretty dull. And that's a real let down.

I can only hope the new songs they're writing/recording replace the bland ballads which just don't suit the group at all. Black Heart is brilliant but an album full of songs which sound exactly the same make the group seem like one trick ponies. When we all know there are anything but that.

2. Re: Stooshe - Album discussion

Well, the "original album" would have been...

F**ck Me
    Betty Woz Gone
    Hotstepper
    Hoochi Mumma
    My Man Music
    Kiss Chase
    Inbred City
    Shame
    Whatta Man
    Waterfalls

...or something like that, right?

3. Re: Stooshe - Album discussion

I'd like to think Black Heart would have been on the original album anyway. It is a great song as their token ballad but it should not be the musical direction they take.

4. Re: Stooshe - See Me Like This/Waterfalls

Well... I thought about that - but then that's how I would label a song of theirs... but as it's a title, you wouldn't put a capital on every word, so no sorry I don't want to change it :p

5. Re: Stooshe - Album discussion

although... everyone else has... so fuck it ok then.

6. vasilios

vasilios Guest

Surveys are part of nearly every release / campaign.

7. Re: Stooshe - Album Discussion

Stooshe is the only band I've been sent a survey from asking me to give feedback on new songs for ages. The last time that happened was when Republica sent me a cassette with snippets on in 1993.

8. Re: Stooshe - Album Discussion

See Me Like This is surely the way to go with their sound, it's commercial enough. But doesn't completely get rid of the personality of their early stuff.

9. Re: Stooshe - Album Discussion

I do find the latter songs on the album FAR more exciting. What do we think for next single if it happens? 'Ain't No Other Me' is quite Christmassy so maybe should have been released instead of 'Waterfalls'. But if we're looking for Save The Album singles then I think either 'Kiss Chase' or 'My Man Music' (which I LOVE!).

10. Re: Stooshe - Album Discussion

I literally can't find this anywhere. :(

Is it the deluxe album or the standard?

11. Re: Stooshe - Album Discussion

Yeah, I wanted My Man Music as the second single for the summer and then Black Heart to lead the album.

Basically, that should have happened. Don't think it will help save the album though, they'll need a huge new song for that.

12. Re: Stooshe - See Me Like This/Waterfalls

Oh please. You can call the person leaking an album a twat in 99% of cases but frankly if this album wasn't leaked by someone then we probably wouldn't ever get to hear it. If I had the album I probably would have leaked it so the fans who've been completely fucked over by Stooshe's management have got SOMETHING.

And of course it's entirely their management's fault if they get dropped. The fans didn't select 'Waterfalls' as a single.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2012
  13. Re: Stooshe - Album Discussion

I really wish a HQ rip of the Perfectly Wrong demo leaked.

14. Re: Stooshe - Album Discussion

Do you mean the one that came with the survey? Or is there an earlier version you want?

15. Re: Stooshe - Album Discussion

The survey one, I have it but it's not the greatest quality.

16. Re: Stooshe - Album Discussion

I have done surveys for tons of EMI artists, normally through an online 'agent' shall we say. I remember when they played me Atomic Kitten's version of Lately and then months later it had been given to Lisa Scott-Lee instead. Sad times.

17. Re: Stooshe - Album Discussion

So this album is kinda great. What a pity.

18. Re: Stooshe - Album Discussion

It's kinda crap, but who knew Things That make You Go... had it's own artwork? From iTunes Finland.

[​IMG]

19. Re: Stooshe - Album Discussion

Yay i've found the album! (finally...)

20. Re: Stooshe - Album Discussion

I like it, actually, except for Stooshe's cartoon font.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.