Stormbreaker | The Popjustice Forum

Stormbreaker

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by richard2711, Aug 1, 2006.

1. Without a doubt the most cheesy, predictable, bad CGI, waste of my time of the last few years. If my friend hadn't been so into it I would have left after about 10 minutes. Actually I wouldn't have seen it at all. I've heard the Alex Rider books are great but this just didn't cut it at all.

Has anyone else seen this big steaming pile of poo? More to the point, did anyone actually enjoy it?

2. I'm not allowing myself to see it, as Alex Pettyfer has the same "inappropriately faniciable alert" tag that Calvin Goldspink did a few years ago.

3. Yes, he shall grow into a very fine young man, but until then until i shall avert my gaze.

4. I dont understand how this film just seemed to turn up without me hearing anything about it, atleast with Harry Potter i knew about the books beforehand.. this just came out of the blue.

What happened to Calvin anyhow.. how old would he be now? 16/17?

5. I also heard good things about the books. Is it readable by adults or is it cringeworthy typical young teenage fare?

6. The books are great. I think that if you take into account that it's a book for teenagers you should enjoy it. I've read the whole series and thought they were great. I'm going to see the film tonight. It's had good reviews.

7. I enjoyed it - it was harmless.

8. So, should i go buy it or rent it whens its out on DVD, or shall i jus not bother at all?

xx

9. If you've read the book rent it to have an opinion. Don't bother buying it, it's alright, but it's totally different to the book.

10. I can't wait to see it when it comes to the States. I love the books, though I think The Power of Five series is better so far.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.