Stranger Things | Page 42 | The Popjustice Forum

Stranger Things

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by YourTerribleMuriel, May 22, 2016.

1. Yeah, unfortunately Joyce (and slightly Hopper) have run their course. Steve too to a certain degree with them adding Eddie into the gang (but he’s still the eye candy). The kids can definitely carry the show on their own now.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2022
    HorseTears, He and cleosnatchra like this.
  2. I’ve really enjoyed the series but the uncanny valley that is the CGI version of young Eleven has really taken me out of it, sometimes the scale seems so off and it just creeps me out.

cleosnatchra likes this.
  3. The Duffer Brothers need to helm the next Nightmare on Elm Street venture. You can tell they're fans - Nancy exploring the 'dream' world just iced it off.

4. He

He

This really excelled huh?

Netflix must be dreading its ending.

5. BTG

BTG

If Netflix had any sense they’d be scaling the final season back to weekly drops. And they should’ve been doing this with Stranger Things from season 3.

This show would really benefit from weekly buzz and it keeps people subscribed for longer. It’s a no brainer for them. I know binge watching is their USP but not everything benefits from that model.

aniraz, Mr Blonde, Alenko and 10 others like this.
  6. Right?! I know people love to binge but from a business perspective (especially for a show like this) weekly drops makes more sense. Episode 4 would have been viewed 2-3 times before the next episode. Running up that hill even bigger. Thankfully social media is doing the work for them.

Joe., He and BTG like this.
  7. He

He

Yeah they could have used this final season to introduce weekly drops for some shows. It would have worked.

HorseTears likes this.
  8. Same - I can't stop crying every time (and I have replayed this scene A LOT), they need to release the episode edit with the strings like yesterday.

Just finished all the episodes and whew, the way this show evolves. I've just rewatched from the beginning and I had forgotten just how good it was.

The S4 episodes didn't feel long to me though I didn't need the jocks taking up all that time, I got how it was important to show Lucas' dilemma but I didn't need that town hall speech.

Jamie Campbell Bower looked damn right demonic in the closing moments of ep 7 (before he turned into Vecna).

Interesting that the Mike/Will/Johnathan crew got completely sidelined but guess (aside from the gun fight and agent getting tortured) their brand of levity would have been too much of a distraction.

Cannot wait for July 1

Last edited: Jun 7, 2022
  9. The Duffer Brothers pitched season 5 to Netflix during the pandemic apparently and that'll be the final season. Work on it has already begun so the gap shouldn't be as long as season 3 to season 4.

On another note, I can't stop watching that scene and I can't help but get emotional every time I do.

Andrew and itylts like this.
  10. I know I only mentioned this 1 (one) post ago but I can’t stop thinking about it either and the way its hitting me emotionally - I can’t put my finger on it but I guess it’s hitting something quite universal if we’re all going through it.

AshtrayHeart likes this.
  11. He

He

Wait I thought this was the final season?

12. I’ve just got to the end of episode 4 and I’ve rewatched that scene numerous times already. What a triumph.

13. Between the "Clearest Blue" scene in Heartstopper and the "Running Up That Hill" scene, Netflix shows have been absolutely destroying me this year with perfect music use.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2022
    sfmartin, KamikazeHeart, ALEX and 6 others like this.
  14. Finally started the new season and whew...
    I know we shouldn't promote violence but I'd be lying if I said I didn't rewind the clip of Angela getting her shit rocked with that roller skate 3-4 times. Suffer!

Lapras, aniraz, Jam and 14 others like this.
  15. I was convinced Angela would become a victim of Vecna but she hasn't been in it since the iconic roller skate punch.
    But then again that would go against the type of person Verna prays on.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2022
    johnoclock likes this.
  16. I didn’t like season 2 or 3 as much as a lot of people, but overall I loved this. I do think that Joyce, the cop and Mike/Will/Jonathan stuff was a bit boring though.

cleosnatchra likes this.
  17. I love Joyce, especially when she tries to be threatening.

18. I was a bit worried having heard so much from basically everywhere about the Running Up That Hill scene that it would maybe not live up to all the hype but...probably the best TV sequence I've seen since like peak Game of Thrones era.

Lapras, sfmartin, Sam and 9 others like this.
  19. I still cry every time.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.