Strictly Come Dancing 2014 | The Popjustice Forum

Strictly Come Dancing 2014

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by MrJames, Aug 29, 2014.

1. Thought it might be worth making a thread now that almost everyone has been confirmed.

Alison Hammond Television personality & presenter
    Caroline Flack Television presenter
    Frankie Bridge The Saturdays singer
    Jake Wood EastEnders actor
    Judy Murray Tennis coach & British Fed Cup captain
    Mark Wright Television personality & radio host
    Pixie Lott Singer-songwriter & actress
    Scott Mills BBC Radio 1 presenter
    Simon Webbe Blue singer & actor
    Steve Backshall Naturalist, author & television presenter
    Sunetra Sarker Casualty actress
    Thom Evans Former Scotland rugby union player
    Gregg Wallace Masterchef judge
    Tim Wonnacott Bargain Hunt presenter
    Lesley Gibney Mrs Brown's Boys actress

I think it's an absolutely brilliant line-up. Loads of current and well known people.

Launch show on September 7th, Competition begins September 26th.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2014
  2. I really like the line up so far. Is it 2 or 3 more that are left to be confirmed?

I hope they finally get Teri Hatcher, she seems to be a constant rumour the last couple of years.

3. MB

MB

It seems very "young" in comparison to other years, maybe they're trying to get a younger crowd. I do love strictly (more so than xfactor). As good as the line up is it does lack a few "big" names but maybe they're holding them back for the last couple?

4. I think it's a fantastic lineup and they're all pretty well known.

5. Mark Wright is a little low rent for Strictly though. I've applied for tickets so here's hoping I get something!

6. Ew at Mark Wright, I'm rooting for Frankie to do well.

7. I just came here to say that this was one of the ropiest line ups ever, but everyone seems to disagree???

8. I think it's lacking that one contestant that no-one expected would sign up for a show like Strictly otherwise it's their most current and youthful line up yet.

9. I'd Judy Murray is pretty bloody unexpected, no?

10. I don't care for sports, so I'm not particularly wowed by her involvement. She's done panel shows and stuff hasn't she? I think they needed someone like Joan Collins, who you wouldn't expect to do Strictly (and who probably won't ever do it).

11. SBK

SBK

Odd in a celebrity line up.....

Better than hat last years shit show.

12. It's a very well-known line up.

Rooting for Frankie (and Thom because duh!)

13. Thom and those pictures with his brother...

14. 2014

2014 Staff Member

It is actually quite a good all round line up, I think it could be really competitive though; I can see Mark and Caroline doing well, hoping Jake and Jennifer impress as well.

15. What a great line up. I never watch Strictly but this is tempting.

Pixie really should smash this, but given her career trajectory she'll be out in the first few weeks...

16. Not me. I'm with you. Utter crap. I didn't last the distance with the shit-fest of last year, and it's time for me to bail out.

17. SBK

SBK

Well Masterchef and bargain hunt guy will probably go early. Then Frankie when she realIses it's a three month commitment.

18. She probably thinks Blackpool week is a holiday.

19. It's probably in her contract that she gets every other week off.

20. Anyone else think it a bit odd that Caroline Flack left her steady Xtra Factor job to do this for a year, for probably much less money? I mean, good luck to the girl and all, but seems odd.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.