Strictly Come Dancing 2022 | Page 99 | The Popjustice Forum

Strictly Come Dancing 2022

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Tom Selick, May 30, 2018.

1. Tess looking amazing? Yes.

Live studio audience? Tears.

New hot dancer with Fleur East? YES.

Woman I don't know and have forgotten the name of plus brand new male professional being my favourite? Talent.

Will Mellor? Winner.

Andrew likes this.
  2. Songs and Dances for Week 2

Ellie S and Nikita: Waltz to Can’t Help Falling In Love by Elvis Presley

Ellie T and Johannes: Paso Doble to Les Toreadors by Georges Bizet

Fleur and Vito: Viennese Waltz to Glimpse Of Us by Joji

Helen and Gorka: Cha Cha to Rain On Me by Lady Gaga and Ariana Grande

Jayde and Karen: Tango to Rumour Has It by Adele

Kaye and Kai: Charleston to Music! Music! Music! By Dorothy Provine

Kym and Graziano: Viennese Waltz to Runaway by The Corrs

Molly and Carlos: Quickstep to Love On Top by Beyoncé

Hamza and Jowita: Jive to Blinding Lights by The Weeknd

James and Amy: Tango to Bad Habits by Ed Sheeran

Matt and Nadiya: Samba to Night Fever by the Bee Gees

Richie and Giovanni: Quickstep to Dancin’ Fool by Barry Manilow

Tony and Katya: Charleston to My Old Man’s A Dustman by Foster and Allen

Tyler and Dianne: Jive to Hit The Road Jack by Buster Poindexter

Will and Nancy: Salsa to Never Too Much by Luther Vandross

3. Man plods around dance floor off the beat, screws up and drops the pro.

Shirley: “Such an improvement, well done - 6!”

Woman puts in near-perfect performance.

Shirley: “You need to work harder. Wrong feet, bad lines, shoulder too high… 4.”

4. You could have put.

Shirley: you're an attractive man who is awful and has never known or heard of rhythm. 6

Shirley: you're an attractive woman who has heard of what rhythm is 4

And it would still be true.

Sugaboy and Hudweiser like this.
  5. Shirely gave her highest score to Molly tonight though? I never get the Shirley hates women thing, Her past dancing experience gives her more of an insight into how the female celebs should be dancing etc, so she can speak more on it.

Molly and Tyler were the two stand outs tonight, everyone else was mid to meh, suffering from the week two curse I think.

Richie's dance was fun but where was the quickstep? It was more of a charleston. How did it get 32?

Also,

Last edited: Oct 1, 2022
  6. Kaye and Kai, and Matt and Nadiya were in the dance off.

The judges saved Matt & Nadiya, Kaye and Kai were eliminated from the competition

2014 likes this.
  7. I’m surprised to see Kaye be eliminated. I thought she would have lasted a couple more weeks. Not surprised to see Matt in the bottom. He gives off this weird hostile energy.

P'NutButter and Andrew like this.
  8. I don't think it's that clear cut that she just doesn't like the female contestants, but she seems always to be a lot kinder to the men - but I know fuck all about dance, so maybe she's just harsher on those she knows are capable of delivering while just trying to be nice to the three-legged swamp donkeys.

GodsAndMonsters and JMRGBY like this.
  9. The professional routine It’s About Damn Time was styled perfectly. The visuals were absolutely stunning.

10. Songs and Dances for Movie Week

Ellie and Nikita: Quickstep to Peppy and George from The Artist

Ellie and Johannes: Cha Cha Cha to The Shoop Shoop Song (It's In His Kiss) from Mermaids

Fleur and Vito: American Smooth to Part Of Your World from The Little Mermaid

Helen and Gorka: Viennese Waltz to Hopelessly Devoted To You from Grease

Jayde and Karen: Cha Cha Cha to What A Feeling from Flashdance

Kym and Graziano: Charleston to If My Friends Could See Me Now from Sweet Charity

Molly and Carlos: Waltz to One Hand, One Heart from West Side Story

Hamza and Jowita: Rumba to the Theme from Jurrassic Park

James and Amy: Cha Cha Cha to Hooked On A Feeling from Guardians of the Galazy

Matt and Nadiya: Viennese Waltz to Hold My Hand from Top Gun: Maverick

Richie and Giovanni: Samba to Hakuna Matata from The Lion King

Tony and Katya: Samba to You Sexy Thing from The Full Monty

Tyler and Dianne: Charleston to Flash, Bang, Wollop! from Half a Sixpence

Will and Nancy: American Smooth to Cry To Me from Dirty Dancing

11. Richie vs Fleur with Richie eliminated

12. Well this is a load of shit. I do think Richie was massively overmarked but still wasn’t the worst of the night. Fleur being in the bottom is even more of a joke, I really enjoyed her routine last night.

Phloo and GodsAndMonsters like this.
  13. For the first time ever, I am not clicking that spoiler link! Going to finish work at 11pm and settle down to watch not having a clue who has gone and I'm quite excited about that.

14. I still have no idea why people who get angry about the judges comments, post things like "Well I must have been watching someone else compared to the judges...."

Yes, because the judges are right in front of them, in the same building and know about dancing. You are sitting at home, looking at the dance through a series of camera shots ffs.
    I blame gogglebox and xfactor for the rise of posts like that, dancing isn't singing etc

Edit: Forgot to add, Goss fans on social media are absolutley tapped

Last edited: Oct 9, 2022
  15. This would be true if there were no producers working on the show and the judges scored purely on technical ability…

AbSynth and Subspace88 like this.
  16. What the hell is a fleckle!?

Coochi likes this.
  17. Being in the bottom two may have been a blessing in disguise for Matt Goss - he always looks like he can't get off set quick enough.

Shirley's judging is all over the place - she probably didn't help Richie by over marking him last night whilst giving others more detailed critiques.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2022
  18. Shirley saying she’d have kept Richie over Fleur is ????????

AbSynth, madgemad and 2014 like this.
  19. A&E

A&E

I suppose she said that just to soften the blow for him (no one deserves to get eliminated in a onesie) but it did come off... a certain way.

Neither of them deserved to be down there, I get that Goss had a rebound and Tony had the "bantz" vote but who's voting for another-of-Amy's-nice-men? (James?) I was hoping he'd be a goner.

20. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Eastenders stars always last a while.

The cast is kind of stacked with lots of "filler" people that hopefully Fleur can avoid the dance off for another couple of weeks, I feel like it'll be Kym's turn to be a shock bottom 2 next week.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.