Strictly Come Dancing | Page 69 | The Popjustice Forum

Strictly Come Dancing

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Tom Selick, May 30, 2018.

1. That's why Strictly has longer shows at the start and they cut down as the season progresses

lushLuck likes this.
  2. the fake crowd noise is too much

3. I would guess American audiences are probably more OK with canned crowd noise.

Watching the opener you can see how they're working with social distancing with the contestants dotted around the ballroom during the roll call:

boyaloud likes this.

4. Good in depth article on how the show will work this year. Some of the main points
    • The launch show will still have a group dance but the celeb and the pro they are paired with will dance parts of it so they are not all mixing. They are also having guest performers MNEK and Joel Corry are doing the Launch show
    • Neil, Nadiya, Graziano and Nancy will be the pros who do not get partners this year due to the reduced numbers
    • No Halloween week but they are doing Movie Week and a Musicals Week
    • Studio has a new layout, pictures are in the article.They have also pre filmed all 14 group dances already
    • Also if a celeb tests positive for Covid then they are out

boyaloud and Primrose like this.
  5. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Neil not getting a partner is a bit of a scream.

boyaloud likes this.
  6. Justice for Neil! I loved having him getting a celeb last time. The lack of Halloween week makes sense I guess but I'll miss it. Movie week is always the best for me.

7. Looks like Strictly have this better planned than DWTS where the lack of live band and any audience by the dance floor really saps the atmosphere (the long judges desk also looks ridiculous).

Not sure how new this but on DWTS they go straight from announcing the bottom two to the judges' vote with no dance off.

boyaloud likes this.
  8. Awww gutted for Nadiya, she always seems very sweet but chuffed that Gorka gets a partner this year.

boyaloud and Leo1977 like this.
  9. I was a bit surprised with Gorka considering he has a young family. But I guess he and Gemma have got a solid plan.

As long as he’s shirtless most of the time.

boyaloud and Leo1977 like this.
  10. 2014

2014 Staff Member

a) I can't believe the Dancing On Ice line-up is 10x better.
    b) HRVY has coronavirus.

The rush to bring this back seems...reckless, but the GP obviously can't live without it for 1 year!

11. Its not? A third of its cast are reused strictly finalists

12. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Well....exactly dd. Clara is the only one I'll be watching for tibbs!

13. Am I right in thinking nobody had ever competed as a celebrity contestant in a standard series of both Strictly and Dancing on Ice until now? There was definitely an unspoken no-crossover rule, right?

Not surprising ITV blinked first, and probably the right time to do it. This is the year for admissions of defeat. 2020 fuck it who cares anymore.

Wonder if it'll go both ways and we can start plausibly campaigning for Gemma Collins on Strictly.

boyaloud likes this.
  14. Maybe Gemma does do the BBC podcast so who knows. I'd rather Bonnie Langford be the first to go from DOI to Strictly though

The launch show was filmed today ahead of it airing on Saturday but they are already paired up so its done differently due to social distancing, but we still get the messy group dance at the end of the show which I am very happy about

boyaloud and crash9081 like this.

15. Well...

WowWowWowWow likes this.

16. Still no definite leak of the pairings, so for the first time in ages they have not been spoilt before the Launch show airs tonight

boyaloud and Andrew.L like this.
  17. Island

Island Staff Member

I want Maisie to win.

life_is_good likes this.
  18. Gorka and Giovanni briefly dancing together... did things to me.

boyaloud and POPGASM like this.
  19. People only wanted Karen with Nicola because of her haircut only right?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.