Studio Ghibli | The Popjustice Forum

Studio Ghibli

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by stuaw, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Anyone else a Studio Ghibli fan?

I've seen/own all of the films, except My Neighbours the Yamadas, Ocean Waves and The Borrower Arrietty.

My favourites are probably Spirited Away (purely because it was the first Ghibli film I saw, plus it's just magical), Princess Mononoke and Howl's Moving Castle.

They're making a sequel to Porco Rosso! Don't know how I feel about that.

2. Castle in the Sky is one of my favorite movies of all time! They're all pretty great. When I want to Japan a couple years ago, we went to the Ghibli Museum... one of the greatest experiences of my life. I wouldn't worry about Porto Rosso 2 either, Miyazaki is going to be writing and directing, I'm pretty sure.

3. Howl's Moving Castle is one of my all time favourite films, I love it to pieces.

4. I looove Studio Ghibli and I've seen them all apart from Ocean Waves. I'm torn whether to start collecting them on Blu-Ray as I already have them all on DVD. My favourites probably Spirited Away. Such imagination! Although they really are all great. Saying that, I don't think I'll be watching Graveyard of the Fireflies again any time soon...

5. Rmx

Rmx

They create magic. Spirited Away is my favorite film ever, and it's what got me into Japan. I should watch it again soon!

6. SpaceDog

SpaceDog Guest

I love them all, but my favourites are My Neighbour Totoro and Princess Mononoke.

7. YES! Finally people start replying. For a moment, I thought I was the only Ghibli fan on here!

Oh, Grave of the Fireflies. Absolutely gorgeous film, but I've only seen it once (even though I have the DVD).

I've only watch Pom Poko once, too. Didn't really do it for me. Earthsea was a huge letdown.

I absolutely love Only Yesterday, but it's very slow-paced, so I really have to be in a certain mood to watch it.

Only Yesterday & Whisper of the Heart make a perfect rainy afternoon's viewing. So chilled out.

8. I love Ghibli! We get to watch them every year in Japanese class. Spirited Away and Howl's Moving Castle are my favourites, I'd like to see more but people've warned me against Grave of the Fireflies cos it'll leave me in an emotional wreck!

9. Hands down, the best animation studio of all time. Shits all over Disney from a great height.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.