Sufjan Stevens - The Ascension | Page 26 | The Popjustice Forum

Sufjan Stevens - The Ascension

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Consideration, Oct 20, 2016.

1. I tried to listen to this album and thought the first two tracks were good sonically, but there's just something about it that turns me off. Which is a shame because Carrie and Lowell is one of the most beautiful things ever to be put to record. It's painfully beautiful and haunting.

Euphoria likes this.
  2. Does anyone know where these are from?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Trouble in Paradise likes this.
  3. Seems to be from a lost video for Sisyphus - Rhythm of Devotion. I've never seen it, or heard of it. Interesting.

Mr Brightside likes this.
  4. Ian Holm in Alien realness.
    [​IMG]

5. cpr likes this.
  6. This album just gets better and better with every play. I have it on a loop all morning and whenever I drift out from it and tune back in I keep thinking 'Is that Robyn'? Some of this album is very Honeyesque.

7. I found Video Games a bit basic when it came out but i've been converted. It's actually quite powerful really, the perfect song for drunkenly dancing around your bedroom to.

8. elektroxx and man.tis.shrimp like this.
  9. Man there's something about electro Sufjan and my mental breakdowns that just gel. What a perfect album for surviving in this mess of a world

rdp, godspeed and andru like this.
  10. Oooh this is stun. And Justin Vernons on another track? Idk who Carm is but I’m living.

11. Video for Tell Me You Love Me directed by Luca Guadagnino.

12. I do live for his commitment to refuse to be in his actual videos. This is a bit of a serve though.

13. Sufjan seems to be teasing that new "holistic music" is coming this week on his blog: https://sufjan.com The label also re-shared this with the eyes emoji, so seems something Suf-related is planned.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2021 at 8:20 PM
  14. New profile picture across streaming platforms like Spotify:

[​IMG]

15. This last album was dead on arrival, wasn't it? I get that it was released in the middle of a pandemic, but he Lana'd the campaign pretty much, like.. the moment it got released.

aux likes this.
  16. I feel like the last album lacked any of the charm that most Sufjan Steven’s’ have. It all kind of felt the same.

17. The project is called "Meditations", and the track "Meditation V" will be available tomorrow. It's a 2:11 long instrumental, and very similar to the "Aporia" album with Lowell released last year.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 6, 2021 at 12:28 PM
  18. Last edited: Apr 6, 2021 at 3:04 PM
  19. I am kind of perched. I quite like instrumentals, but I feel like it is hard to listen to it if it isn't jazz/classical. But if anyone can pull it off with a modern sound he is the guy to go to!

Trouble in Paradise and andru like this.
  20. Scream. Reminds me of how they framed the Skyward Sword rerelease comparing this to Carrie & Lowell.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.