Sufjan Stevens - The Ascension | Page 27 | The Popjustice Forum

Sufjan Stevens - The Ascension

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Consideration, Oct 20, 2016.

1. I'm definitely intrigued! I liked Aporia even if I haven't gone back to it regularly, and Sufjan's releases will always have my attention - but I won't pretend I'm not disappointed that it isn't shaping up to be something I feel I'd enjoy more. But I'm one of the few that really enjoyed The Ascension and still play it often so it's no bother.

The full "Meditations" volume is out Thursday, with the remaining 4 volumes being released weekly until May 6.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2021 at 3:11 PM
    Trouble in Paradise likes this.
  2. This also answers the question of why he seemingly abandoned The Ascension upon its release. It’s right up there with favorite Sufjan albums and has really been the perfect companion to life in lockdown for me

DirtyKnees and andru like this.
  3. "Meditations", the first volume of the "Convocations" album, will be premiering in full on YouTube shortly:

[​IMG]

4. There were some pretty nice elements throughout the piece! I loved the electronic flourishes in places and hope as this progresses into the "Celebration" volume that this might be a bigger influence. I still don't think this is something I'll return to, but listening each week as each volume premieres will be enjoyable.

-

upload_2021-4-8_19-7-54.png

Vinyl pre-order open now:

US - https://store.asthmatickitty.com/products/sufjan-stevens-convocation
    UK/EU - https://sufjanstevens.ochre.store/release/226994-sufjan-stevens-convocations

-

upload_2021-4-8_17-57-28.png

"Lamentations II" out April 12.
    Full "Lamentations" premiere April 15.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2021 at 7:08 PM
  5. Good for him but I'm gonna pass.

digitalkaiser, soratami and j267 like this.
  6. Well I listened today and I found it hard to distinguish from all the instruments Spotify playlists I play for study music

man.tis.shrimp likes this.
  7. It was perfect to throw onto the work playlist here at the spa.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.