Sugababes - 2023 Touring / Festivals (Europe + Australia)

Status
Not open for further replies.
One must think with all the contacts they've had and all the networking they've done especially Keisha over the last 20 years, it can't be such a hard thing to do something but than again..

But I could definitely see them doing some smaller venues, a mini tour with a handful of dates like they did with Australia or a show where they're presented a special guests from the UK. It is a shame that it never really worked out for them there, even though they've tried with One Touch & Three.

Last edited:
I don’t think America is that easy to tour as it’s quite a large area to cover. Compared to Australia and Spain which are quite small and achievable to cover.
America is easy for overseas acts. Just plop a show in New York and LA and you can call it a day. That's all I'd ever recommend for the girls if they came over. Kylie had a bigger profile so when she did her two tours here she was able to do more cities and it worked. It's just about hitting those key points and the people will come.

Is the Sugababes name well known in the US? I see on wiki the only song that charted there was Hole in the head at #96.
Not at all! At one point they were going to release a hybrid of Three and Angels, but it was never released. Hole in the Head was released, but they never came over to promote it. From that era, the only UK girl group that had real success was Mis-Teeq. Had their label not gone bankrupt, they were on the verge of becoming US staples.

America is easy for overseas acts. Just plop a show in New York and LA and you can call it a day. That's all I'd ever recommend for the girls if they came over. Kylie had a bigger profile so when she did her two tours here she was able to do more cities and it worked. It's just about hitting those key points and the people will come.
100% LA and NYC are easy cities to sell in for European-based pop stars.

Kylie sold over 8,100 tickets at the Hollywood Bowl in 2009 (and almost 10,000 in NYC) and over 9,000 at the Bowl in 2011. These are pretty healthy numbers. I think Kylie would obvs sell more tickets in the USA than Sugababes, but yes.

I don’t think it’s a case of them not being bothered. They clearly want to perform (their calendar is full), but US dates would need to make sense financially. Like Keisha said in her Q&A, being an independent artist is great from a creative standpoint but expensive.

Exactly. Plus nowadays they are only performing with a live band, which means they would have to pay for them and their instruments to go to the US and move around too. Either that or get a new set of musicians there which is not ideal because then they need time to rehearse with them.

Contacts can get them lots of promo opportunities like inerviews etc. but performing there is much more complicated.

After seeing the Mardi Gras performance, I'm kind of convinced this was why they were in the studio early February. Because Red Dress etc are all new backing tapes, based on their live band arrangements.

They’re weren’t announced for Glasto.
However Flo were, so still something to look forward to.
But apparently shortest ever first line up reveal poster so plenty of time. With it look like Rihanna pulling out of the Saturday headline slot, they will want big female acts on the bigger stages. Hoping for a pyramid slot !

he / him
Do y'all think that we'll get a Sugababes 1.0 version of Overloaded? I'm curious if they plan to re-record all of their hits. I just want "Easy" on streaming, tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.