Sugababes - 2023 Touring / Festivals (Europe + Australia)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I caved and looked at the setlist because my show isn't for another three weeks. A couple of things I'd like to have heard, but no major complaints.

I think it's probably good to remember none of the girls have done a set this long, or live dates this extensive, in years - I'd much rather they kept the setlist efficient and tight rather than strain themselves physically and overdo it. There's always faves I'll want to hear, but not at the expense of their health or vocals.

Touring is rough and exhausting, particularly if you're not used to doing it night after night.

Doesn’t look like that merch photo showed everything as I saw a hoodie in the background of someone’s photo!
View attachment 37042
I think there was just one more shirt underneath this but I can’t for the life of me remember the design.

The hoodie is the logo with the Times mag cover photo & dates on the back, if that wasn’t clear with the blur. Keisha was wearing it for yesterday’s meet and greet.

The setlist is a lot more pedestrian than I anticipated, minimal surprises and no Run For Cover? However I’m still absolutely buzzing to see them in Liverpool! Will be my first time seeing a Sugababes lineup since 4.0 at Chester Rocks in 2011 and I can’t wait to hear their songs live again and see Siobhan for the first time.

The setlist is a lot more pedestrian than I anticipated, minimal surprises and no Run For Cover? However I’m still absolutely buzzing to see them in Liverpool! Will be my first time seeing a Sugababes lineup since 4.0 at Chester Rocks in 2011 and I can’t wait to hear their songs live again and see Siobhan for the first time.
Maybe they really wanted to play it on the safe side for the reviews and growing interest to have a better starting point for future projects.

Regarding the meet and greet. We got let in just after 5.30 to register and get our VIP gifts (tote bag with an illustrated design of the girls on it, plus a lanyard and a black metal heart water bottle). We were taken upstairs to a holding area at around 6, then after about 10/15 minutes asked to get in a queue. The girls came out all smiling and excited to meet everyone and then one by one we got to meet them, have them sign things, have a chat and a pic. I probably had about a minute with them but it definitely didn’t feel rushed. Once you’re done meeting them you move to the other side of the room and wait for them to let you into the main venue (before general admission) at 7. There were only about 40 meet and greet tickets sold I think, so it wasn’t a cattle call, 3 second photo opportunity which I was very grateful for. They signed my One Touch vinyl and all wished me a happy birthday (Siobhan even gave me a birthday shout out on stage!!!).

(This is my experience of how the meet and greet worked in Bristol, I have no idea if the rest will be the same but I hope they are for everyone here who has a m&g ticket)

Just saw the Overload video. I hope Keisha feels ok now and that it really was just a case of the temperature being too high. She was smiling the whole time but its so rare for her to not be in top form during gigs that it made me worried.
When she asked them to stop the song I thought it was because Siobhan messed up the lyrics. She went straight from the “strange fear” verse to the “skipping school” verse and I just thought Keisha was asking to restart the song.

I think it's probably good to remember none of the girls have done a set this long, or live dates this extensive, in years - I'd much rather they kept the setlist efficient and tight rather than strain themselves physically and overdo it. There's always faves I'll want to hear, but not at the expense of their health or vocals.

Touring is rough and exhausting, particularly if you're not used to doing it night after night.
Yeah, I was ready to complain about the shorter setlist than expected (and the short set at Hoopla compared to other headliners), which I think is only natural given the discography we’re talking about, but then remembered that they haven’t toured like this in so long.

It does seem crazy that only one single from the 1.0 days is being performed but hopefully on future tours (!) they mix up the old songs that they perform. ‘Red Dress’ will be a treat.

As disappointed as I am not to see Run for Cover, which feels a very odd exclusion, and despite knowing it would never be there not getting Conversation's Over will always break my heart, it looks like a great show. Very excited.

Found a mostly complete "2 Hearts" (credit to Tim Fear. — the beginning missing, but there's a story on Instagram for ohmarkayam for the first verse) — I had to spoil myself on this. It's one of my favorite Sugababes songs of all time, and the way they do the coda... Siobhán singing along to the orchestra?! I'm going to die. Glasgow will be the spot that I die. @Mr.Arroz, just throw me into the sea when the concert ends, thanks.

The archangel Siobhan made me ascend to Sugaheaven!

I’ve been trying to avoid any spoilers but someone on Twitter posted the set list…
I cannot wait to hear red dress live with Mutya’s vocals! I have never heard ‘Love Me Hard’ from the leaks so that is exiting.

I am hoping the inclusion of "Love Me Hard" means that along with "Today", they have bought the rights to a select few MKS-era tracks and that we can get them released in some capacity.

I agree that the setlist seems a tad short - maybe they'll add one or two more as their voices/bodies adjust to the touring life. I do see that their MKS tour was also just 15 tracks though. No big misses on my end - though I do wish there was a 'One Touch' album track in there! It's always a good problem to have when you have so many good songs that you need to narrow down!

Status
Not open for further replies.