Sugababes - 2023 Touring / Festivals (Europe + Australia)

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're doing Too Lost In You now? My friend (an admitted casual but 100% there for the bops) was hoping for it in Manchester.

I loved the setlist but you do feel a bit cheated when it's switched up!

Sorry I'm losing my mind! OMG!

I'm confusing it with..what am I confusing it with! WTF!

Caught in a Moment!! That's what she missed (and I missed the whole set, I said it before I went that I'd go into a trance and not remember any of it)

Ignore me.

Siobhan also said with regards to the Ghosts reissue; she has loads of B-Roll footage of the album photoshoot as well as a huge amount of images ready to go. She said she has everything needed for it and it’s all there on the table; she’s just waiting for the go ahead / finalisation of plans.

Siobhan also said with regards to the Ghosts reissue; she has loads of B-Roll footage of the album photoshoot as well as a huge amount of images ready to go. She said she has everything needed for it and it’s all there on the table; she’s just waiting for the go ahead / finalisation of plans.

This is the best news of all time.

So glad the album played the long game and she's feeling the love so many years later (at Sugababes meet and greets no less)!

Amazing! This is a business question, if anyone has the answer, but surely S would have to go back to the 'label' or whoever to use all this material (image and music) or is it a case that she has all the files in her attic and put it together of her own accord?

EDIT: I just got hit with M&G regret. Sad face.

Last night was incredible, I don't know if I can eloquently sum it up but here it goes!

I queued for about 1 1/4 hours outside on my lonesome. I got talking to some people and honestly, it was so lovely to just chat to random strangers. The first girl, who accompanied me (standing beside three pungent wheelie bins) was a friend of the Mutya stan (who was a casual fan herself) and she seemed stunned that I came all the way from Canada to see them. She told her friends who joined the queue later. One of those friends was the Heidi stan and he was with another guy, who was also a Heidi stan. The latter took a photo of me to send to his bf as he told me I was a dead ringer for Sam Smith. The other guy who ended up being the Heidi shouter was actually a nice guy, he gave me a few cans of Gin-and-something while in the queue and we chatted a bit. The girls I got taking to were...17. One of their dads was a fan. That sobered me right up!

I echo what everyone else has been saying. They sounded heavenly and really seemed to be enjoying the camp fun of it all. All the seriousness that MKS exuded was gone but the sublime vocals unchanged - they seem more relaxed now as Sugababes. Whether that's acceptance/release of pressure I'm not sure, but the crowd ate them up. I turned around a few times just to soak up the fan love. MKS had LGBTQ+ stans but the mix of folk here just shows how powerful having the name is.

The venue was super hot, not since a Britney concert in 2003 have I gotten water at a gig. Siobhan brought it up. Keisha refused to take off her jacket as she was "serving a lewk". Iconic.

There were a few drunk peeps at the front and Mutya saw a girl causing some trouble and shot her the most ferocious look from the stage before casually belting out some vocals. Surreal.

Highlight for me was Siobhan's riffing at the end of 2 Hearts. She was doing what she does best - using her upper register which reminded me of the vocals she serves on Ghosts. The nearest thing I'll hear to it in person.

Also got to meet fellow PJers who are even more fabulous in-person as actual human beings. It was wonderful to be in the company of people who didn't question your sanity as a result of the love you have for them.

How early have people been arriving at the venue for and what's the view been like please?
Obviously I'm aware will vary depending on venue etc just trying to gauge it. I have an event at 5pm that I'm not sure how long will last and I always get anxious about having a rubbish view

I honestly wouldn’t rule out a one off gig celebrating Ghosts in the future! She’s immensely proud of the record and I hope the love for her and the girls on this tour will give her the courage to go for it.
Someone tell her. She can have the tiniest venue with the most basic set-up, just sit there and sing along to the record if you will. I'd still pay a good amount. Make Mutya do it the next night and save money for the booking and us European hunnies get even more out of the trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.