Sugababes 4.0 - The Jade Years | Page 251 | The Popjustice Forum

Sugababes 4.0 - The Jade Years

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by Hitori, Mar 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Re: Sugababes - Current Lineup General Discussion

As I said before publicity is what they're aiming for..

2. BTG

BTG

Re: Sugababes - Current Lineup General Discussion

It definitely gets them publicity but again, not the right publicity.

If anything it just fosters they already negative reaction to them. Mind you, if you're desperate for promo, you're desperate for promo. All and any is good as they say.

3. Re: Sugababes - Current Lineup General Discussion

Strange!

Here it is again:

[​IMG]

4. Re: Sugababes - Current Lineup General Discussion

News?

5. Hitori

Hitori Guest

May I ask how much records in total has the Sugababes brand sold? From One Touch to Sweet 7? Does anybody know?

6. Tommie

Tommie Guest

Combined single and album sales in the UK alone it's ~7.4 million. Not sure about combined worldwide sales.

7. Re: Sugababes - Current Lineup General Discussion

Good publicity? Nah. Alot of people think the Sugababes are irrelevant now.

8. Re: Sugababes - Current Lineup General Discussion

Please tell me you're joking? Mollie is cute as a button, but a better vocalist than Heidi, Amelle and Vanessa?

9. Re: Sugababes - Current Lineup General Discussion

JadeEwen Jade Louise Ewen
    Wow! So who started this rumour guys?? The only place this Sugababe is going is to the studio with the girls to work on our new album!
    http://twitter.com/#!/JadeEwen/status/116433184555663360

10. Re: Sugababes - Current Lineup General Discussion

Ah. Problem solved!

Weirdly... I can't work out if I'm pleased or a bit disappointed...

11. Hitori

Hitori Guest

Thank heavens for Jade!

12. Re: Sugababes - Current Lineup General Discussion

Peters coverage of press conference on twitter has been outstanding!

Even I, a hardended 4.0 fan, cant deny that.

13. Hitori

Hitori Guest

Worldwide they might have exceeded 10 million records if my guess is right.

14. Re: Sugababes - Current Lineup General Discussion

For you yes, for me no I don't feel any emotion from her voice.

I think with "shouty singers" it can be very hard to emote, they feel because they can shout, then that's all they need for a great voice but it's not.

I get far more emotion from a soft voice with little range (Linn Berggren) than a shouty singer like Jade for instance, that can't control their voice & can't emote. Jennifer Hudson was the same, though she seems to of sorted that out since Idol.

That's not to say I don't like her voice, because I do (I don't think its right for the Sugababes at all) but she would never be someone that I would rave about vocal wise, as I feel she lacks a lot in comparison to similar singers.

15. Hitori

Hitori Guest

I love Jade's voice. I love her version of Wake Up. It was full of emotions.

16. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

That's a special case, since I love that song. In any other case, I do believe her voice lacks that genuine quality of relaying emotion.

17. Re: Sugababes - Current Lineup General Discussion

I agree that she lacks real emotion. Just listen to any "sad" songs on Sweet 7... Then imagine Keisha singing them and how much more real and amazing they'd sound. Jade is a better singer than Keisha, technically. But Keisha has that something that Jade doesn't have.

18. Re: Sugababes - Current Lineup General Discussion

chubby legs?

19. LJB

LJB

It's tone, not emotion. Keisha has a soulful tone. Jade has a theatrical tone. Keisha's tone is very easily harmonised and fits the gel of the harmony group far greater than Jade's.

One of the biggest problems with Jade is her vocals displaced the signature Sugababes harmony. Now not only do the group have a member with atrocious diction and syllabic control (cheers, Melle), but entirelly different 3rd vocal which is at best powerful and at worst incredibly screechy.

I do think the Sugababes vocal was always built around Keisha as she has such a distinct tone.

20. Re: Sugababes - Current Lineup General Discussion

I completely agree with LewJB, and I've actually felt that Keisha's vocals are very underrated considering how much she has improved over the years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.