Sugababes - Change

Status
Not open for further replies.
It''s pretty good but not amazing. I think it sounds pretty generic - any girl band could sing that. There''s nothing distinctive about it.

It''s a good song but just a bit dull. Easy and Red Dress are better.

The video was shot at the end of July.

It''s funny to read the same shit that was written when Push The Button came out: too generic etc etc

ollylotr said:
God i hate joe whiley, she is vile!!!!! she plays the worst music ever and has no taste in anything....her voice is good tho, thats about it, when she premiered amelles version of red dress she read out the bad comments !!!

To be fair, if 95% of people texting in hate it, she''s not only gonna read out positive stuff. She will read a representation of general opinions. If the public don''t like it, its not Jo Whiley''s fault.

But yes, her taste sucks.

Osiris said:
It''''s funny to read the same shit that was written when Push The Button came out: too generic etc etc

I still think that''s generic and one of their weakest singles. Can''t understand how on earth it sold so well.

S

-SG-

Osiris said:
It''''s funny to read the same shit that was written when Push The Button came out: too generic etc etc

The same "shit"? It''s just about different opinions. I can''t see how someone could have said that "Push the button" was generic though, and I don''t remember people saying that. But this one IS generic, really.

It''s funny to see the same over-excitement over an over-rated Sugababes song once again though. "Easy" being the last one.

When sexy! first came out i listened to it repeat probably 80-90times without any other song.
Ive listened to this 10 times and just played something else.
Still like it though.

-SG- said:
Osiris said:
It''''''''s funny to read the same shit that was written when Push The Button came out: too generic etc etc

The same "shit"? It''''s just about different opinions. I can''''t see how someone could have said that "Push the button" was generic though, and I don''''t remember people saying that. But this one IS generic, really.

It''''s funny to see the same over-excitement over an over-rated Sugababes song once again though. "Easy" being the last one.

I''ll admit, Easy is one of their better songs. It''s probably my favourite of theirs.

Its fantastic. It really is just simply a great pop tune. I was singing along to the chorus instantly - i love the Sugababes all over again!

PhillipsSpam said:
Hello

Not sure if mentioned before but the talk of 2 singles in September - could the second be the AIDS single collaboration with Annie Lennox?

Its Annie Lennox with 23 other artists incl Sugababes

http://www.annielennox.co.uk/

Just an idea

Is ''Sing'' Annie''s new single though? I thought it was something else.

Anyway, About You Now gets better and better with every listen. The chorus gets stuck in your head and the lyrics are great. I like the music between the first chorus and the second verse too.

i can''t stop playing this... its as closse to perfect as it gets for me!

that said...

in the interest of recognizing what SOME people might be having issues with...

it sort of reminds me of ''Just A Little While" by janet jackson, which i also worshipped when it came out, and was a massive flop.

hmmmmm.

Push The Button was fab. It was a cool dancefloor destroying pop song.

This, however, is generic shit. The Babes sound as though they''ve gargled hydrochloric acid before singing, their voices just sound awful. Who produced this? It''s just a really bland song. It''s something only a mother could love.

It''s going straight to #1 isn''t it?

BirdFlu said:
I''''''''m not talking about a cover version. That song was a dirty-electro style smash hit! More of the same please and less of the cheese!

A good remix could make this into a dirty electro piece - the elements are there already.

I suspect this one will grow on me like the "Push The Button" did. It is not particularly challenging, but it is catchy. The first couple of verses are a bit flat, but Heidi''s bridge saves the song from being utterly generic. From there, the song gains momentum and ends quite nicely.

However yes, I hope the whole album isn''t like this. More "edgy" stuff please.

Kirkland said:
Push The Button was fab. It was a cool dancefloor destroying pop song.

This, however, is generic shit. The Babes sound as though they''''ve gargled hydrochloric acid before singing, their voices just sound awful. Who produced this? It''''s just a really bland song. It''''s something only a mother could love.

It''''s going straight to #1 isn''''t it?

Nothing more to add from me after about 10 listens.

Thank you Kirkland

A

Alfie

I just listened to it in full. Sounds like theme tune music to a CBBC children''s programme like Tracy Beaker or something.

P.S. ''Push The Button'' was shit and this is even worse. Thumbs down from me.

Er, it does sound a bit like the Strokes'' ''Hard to Explain'' at the beginning, so old Zelda from Terrahawks wasn''t too far off with her Strokes comment.

I actually don''t mind this at all. It''s certainly not in the same league as at least three of their other lead singles, but HEY they''re a different band these days. So all in all, I''ll say it''s "good".

I have only heard the 30 second clip so far and thought that it was ok..nothing special and certainly not what the first single off a new album should be like.

I too absolutely loved Easy and I think its miles better than this new single. Will wait and hear the full version before I make my mind up for certain.

Status
Not open for further replies.