Sugababes - Freedom + cancelled album

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Sugababes - Freedom (New Single)

Genuinely surprised, I quite like it! I love the first verse where the claps come in for Amelles bit, a nice touch.

Well dark, tough & edgy is what Sugababes have always done best so if what they said in that interview is true, I'm very excited.

Also, if it's out at the end of the year, we might be getting a second single relitively soon after Freedom to launch it with.

Actually I hadn't even considered that most of the audience would be pissed of JLS fans. Good point!

And as for Sugababes having a big core fan base who go to every festival/tour they do, I don't think they ever have had or ever will have this. They didn't use to have massive tour sales with any line up.

Despite the huge success of About You Now, the Change tour was relatively low scale. As was the first, second, third, fourth and fifth tours they did. Just the way it is I guess.

I wouldn't be surprised if we get some kind of tour late in the year/early next year. Live performances are such a strength for them, I think this line-up has great chemistry, and I reckon the girls are really keen to get out there. Providing things don't go totally tits up straight away, we'll hopefully get something low key at smaller venues.

I'm a bit of a music geek and I like to analyse things in more depth than I probably should and is naturally healthy, but here goes. I think that this lineup of the Babes' has finally clicked together, I can tell from their interaction on stage that they really mould better than any other formation, which is probably an unpopular opinion. I also spotted Amelle's got herself a little bit of stage presence on the go there, she's workin' it. Jade's flawless as always, though I happen to think she mimed those last few big notes due to the reverb on them which sounds more like the backing track, you'll notice there isn't really any reverb on their main vocals.

Secondly, I thought the performance looked great as a whole and it made a pretty great statement. I love the song, though I happen to think the dubstep breakdown Is a bit 'bandwagon'-esque and I loved Amelle's explanation of the inclusion of it after being compared to Britney, 'Oh, well we did it first! We did it months ago!' I'm sure you did Amelle, I'm sure you did.

J

JadeFan

Somebody compared the song to En Vogue on the video.... Haha...

I've just re-watched the performance - loud, several times - and decided Freedom is incredible. I think people are going to be really impressed when we get it in HQ. The chorus is SO catchy, which I'm taking to be a good thing.

And the outfits! Flawless.

duckface said:
hitori said:
Blob said:
sebii said:
glosolilion said:
Keisha was one of the dancers in the T4 performance today!
http://twitpic.com/5o89dx
lolz!

She really IS Keisha, haha.
So she got dropped by Island, unsurprisingly.

Doesn't the girl next to her look like Siobhan a bit?

OH MY GOSH SHE REALLY DOES! Keisha and Siobhan in the house y'all!

Um, if you mean 'Is one of them black and the other one white?', then yes, they look identical!

That's exactly what I was going to say! A black girl and a redheaded white girl do not Keisha and Siobhan make!

JadeFan said:
Somebody compared the song to En Vogue on the video.... Haha...

When we got the first video from the Mawazine gig in Morocco, my first thught was En-Vogue. Not so much now, but particularly in the vocals and some aspects of the harmony, I can see slight similarities.

Status
Not open for further replies.