Sugababes - Freedom + cancelled album

Status
Not open for further replies.
lemony said:
cjwhite1 said:
Well it only took one full viewing of decent quality to completely change my mind about this.

I actually absolutely agree with you! We don´t have to pretend the video is a masterpiece but there are many beautiful close-ups and little bits to discover witch each new watching for (4.0) fans.

I now realise that with a tiny budget, it can be extremely difficult to create something that looks of a high standard. I think they've done well, it looks very glossy and 'fashiony'. It's appropriate.

Can't wait to get home from work and watch it on repeat!

I actually want to defend the video. I think, as limited as it is, it's a great little offering that suits the ambience of the song perfectly. I also want to defend Heidi, I thought she was the one giving the most 'face' and really performed. She knows how to be sexy without being raunchy or sluttish, it definitely oozes from her. I was impressed with Jade too, she came across really powerfully and like she was taking charge. I can't say I paid that much attention to Amelle, but maybe that was more her doing than mine.

J

JadeFan

Where can I watch this? I seem to have missed the fuss.

EDIT: Doesn't matter, found it.

It's ok. But like the song it plods along leading nowhere. There are some nice bits but it doesn't seem like the 'big budget' comeback some people thought they had.

J

JadeFan

WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?!

Are they kidding? That was the single most shit piece of crap I have seen this year. When the director, was talking bullabout the "lighting", it was probably because he didn't know what he was doing. Crap direction, crap "lighting" and crap storyline. I haven't even seen it all because I clicked on random parts of the video and it was the SAME THING.

Failure.

JadeFan said:
WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?!

Are they kidding? That was the single most shit piece of crap I have seen this year. When the director, was talking bullabout the "lighting", it was probably because he didn't know what he was doing. Crap direction, crap "lighting" and crap storyline. I haven't even seen it all because I clicked on random parts of the video and it was the SAME THING.

Failure.

I hope you haven't missed the Jade's leg bit.

JadeFan said:
WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?!

Failure.
How many videos have you seen this year....

Honestly, I didn't think there was anything to rave or complain about; although, it was nice to finally hear the song properly.

A

All6Sugababes

By the way Overload,New Year and Soul Sound were cheap and boring too. But i will wait with my review untill i will see it.

JadeFan said:
WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?!

Failure.

Completely agree. They should have got Nava back.

Mvnl

Staff member
Someboy said:
Honestly, I didn't think there was anything to rave or complain about.

Exactly.
Though I guess some might complain there's nothing to rave about (or rave that there's nothing to complain about), it is just an inoffensive average video.

T

Tommie

All6Sugababes said:
By the way Overload,New Year and Soul Sound were cheap and boring too. But i will wait with my review untill i will see it.

Actually, I thought all of those were pretty nice - they clearly weren't breaking any budgets, but they were very nicely shot and edited.

This however looks like an even cheaper version of "Girls" featuring Jade Ewen's (or was that Amelle's? YOU REALLY COULDN'T TELL BECAUSE OF THE HORRIBLE LIGHTNING AND EDITING.) crotch. If their manager thinks this is in any way comparable to Freak or Red Dress it's no wonder they're in the mess they are. It's not even "will this do" - it's scraping the bottom of the barrell...

As others have said: it's a beautifully shot, serviceable video. It does the job despite looking a bit like Girls 2.0.

I'm not saying that's acceptable but look at Jessie J's video for Price Tag. The song (like Price Tag) should hopefully appeal to the public regardless.

That was disappointing. It's so boring and uneventful that it's bad for me. But I still love the song. Hopefully there will be some great live performances when they start the promo.

Jesus, it isn't that bad. The lighting is beautiful, the girls and their "interactions" are genuinely sexy and the breakdown does indeed kick ass.

Kind of dispels those rumours of Sony and their "big bucks" investment, though...

Oh and massive thanks to whoever uploaded the video by the way!

Status
Not open for further replies.