Sugababes - Freedom + cancelled album

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tommie said:
This is hilarious.

Basically they can't sell their music anymore so they're giving it away for free.

FREEDOM!

Oh please ... I know you can't wait to download it for free on 25th of September.

They just wanted to enable their foreign fans like ourselves the opportunity to download this great song too.

(joking)

All6Sugababes said:
I want to download it from Poland i wonder if this will be worldwide.

You just need to sign up for amazon UK account.

A

All6Sugababes

All6Sugababes said:

You just nedd to sign up for amazon.co.uk account.
[/quote]

Really? Whoop!

T

Tommie

I don't think there's a positive spin on the fact that their LEAD SINGLE has now been cancelled...

Christ things are dire in the Sugababes camp.

Voicething said:
perobt93 said:
Now, Voicething is the most pleased fan over here - instead of that canceled iTunes pre-order, he even got the promo CD (psychical better then everything else!).

Actually I think he can give us some info, 'cause EVERYONE HERE IS JUST GUESSING SOMETHING!

Well apparently they're in the studio today working on the album still, obviously Freedom's lack of support has lead them to pull it, which I'd say was a smart move. It was destined for failure.

I'm presuming a new lead single will be announced shortly, probably "Hard" unles they've recorded a better track in the last month.

Grab a promo CD, while you can, guys.

You lucky guy ;)
I've always trusted your statements so you better don't disappoint me this time.
'Cause things are looking pretty awful...

cjwhite1 said:
On the positive - sure there is no way they would put this out for free if things were looking that bad with the label? They'd at least release it and attempt to make some money out of it?

Labels make negligible money from downloads - especially at this level of invisibility. A Rolling in the Deep or whatever might make you a few quid, but think how cheap songs are now, and then think of producers' expenses, video shoots and everything else. Money comes from touring mostly, and I think these three women might have to resort to bingo nights or hospital gigs, so... I think my ex-favourite band will be put out of its misery soon.

All6Sugababes said:
All6Sugababes said:

Really? Whoop!

Well ... No ... I've tried to download some free music and it's sayint that ''We could not process your order because of geographical restrictions on the product which you were attempting to purchase''.

A

All6Sugababes

Tommie said:
I don't think there's a positive spin on the fact that their LEAD SINGLE has now been cancelled...

Yes its fucked up a bit but oh well at least they're not giving up!

Tommie said:

But yet they are STILL HERE.

What will it take for them just to GO AWAY?

Everyone on Twitter thought they had split up last night, and most people were still just slagging them off and taking the piss.

I do feel sorry for their fans, it must be a rough ride.

Ttoby said:
.. and I think these three women might have to resort to bingo nights or hospital gigs, so... I think my ex-favourite band will be put out of its misery soon.

Wow ... dramatic much ?

flowerbomb said:
Everyone on Twitter thought they had split up last night, and most people were still just slagging them off and taking the piss.

And what is said on Twitter is very important to someones music career ??? Or the longevity of someones music carrier ???

I laughed when I read the announcement on Facebook. They/their management were basically shit scared of how hard it was gonna flop on its arse they pulled this in order to avoid the babes looking like even more of a joke.

Unless 'Hard' or whatever they're planning on releasing next is mind-fucking-blowing amazing and they have shitloads of cash ready to be thrown at them, it's over.

T

Tommie

flowerbomb said:
I do feel sorry for their fans, it must be a rough ride.

I feel sorry for the Jade Ewen fans who've followed her through several cancelled projects!

How will they even spin this in interviews? "It was just a fun thing we did for Nokia" is my best bet.

I don't think the fact that they're 'not giving up' is really a positive at this point.

Four short years ago, this group were topping the singles and albums chart simultaneously for the second time in their career. Since then, they've lost the last remaining original member, all musical direction or purpose, all critical support, most radio support and - by the looks of it - almost all of their fanbase. What do they have left?

I do feel for them, because they are three talented girls, but they're flogging the ground where the dead horse once lay.

Excuse my ignorance but why would it being free on Amazon mean it couldn't be on iTunes also? More fool the casual fans who pay for it really.. and the real fans I'd hope would download it also so they could at least say 'we gave it away for free, those sales didn't count and we STILL made No.23!'

Unless of course it made No.39 which would be awkward.

T

Tommie

mikejmc5580 said:
I don't think the fact that they're 'not giving up' is really a positive at this point.

It's just not that - if they're that wildly insecure about their LEAD SINGLE flopping that they cancel it and makes it a free download, what does that say about the rest of this project? Is a label really going to pump in money at something's that's clearly not working? It wouldn't surprise me if nothing gets released at this point.

Ttoby said:
poshlopez said:
Wow ... dramatic much ?

Well what? What size venue do you see them being able to fill up?

And what hospital gigs and bingo nights do you see them doing ?

The truth is they don't do gigs in UK and I don't think they will do them in the near future. And that's a fact. But being overly dramatic with mentioning bingo nights/hospital gigs when they done some festivals in Europe and some corporate gigs (which brough them money), is silly.

poshlopez said:
Ttoby said:
.. and I think these three women might have to resort to bingo nights or hospital gigs, so... I think my ex-favourite band will be put out of its misery soon.

Wow ... dramatic much ?

flowerbomb said:

And what is said on Twitter is very important to someones music career ??? Or the longevity of someones music carrier ???

The rumour on Twitter was that Jade had left and/or Sugababes were splitting up. If we take 'tweets' as a representative sample, most people on Twitter were mercilessly slagging them off about this 'news'. That should be something that the girls or the record company or someone, should take notice of. It is important to someone's career.

If the rumour had been the same (member leaving or disbanding), but instead about Girls Aloud, The Saturdays, JLS......or even any other band..... then the reaction on Twitter would have been wildly different.

Status
Not open for further replies.