Sugababes - General Discussion | Page 1469 | The Popjustice Forum

Sugababes - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by Steveweiser, Oct 22, 2006.

1. kal

kal

Some people just can't handle the excessive levels of realness Mutya exudes.

VivaForever, beyoncésweave and Rod like this.
  2. You're leaving him, right?

wereturtle, Blayke, BML and 8 others like this.
  3. I had an oddly ominous thought this afternoon while I was in the kitchen. I feel that MKS have had another argument and now everything is put on hold because of it. You can't teach old dogs new tricks, but cheetahs never change their spots.

I still have my extra special copy with all the sweets inside, and that flimsy gold card that said it was an exclusive special edition. Sometimes I play a song from it on iTunes just to feel better about myself.

Island likes this.
  4. Island

Island Staff Member

Heidi "Limited" Range likes this.
  5. Did Mutya's version of Never Gonna Dance Again ever leak?

6. Hello. Keisha removed all the stuf related to Sugababes and MKS from her twitter. Maybe it's the end for good?

7. https://twitter.com/keisha_buchanan/status/680529173220319233

Her response.
    She is so unfair. I know sometimes fans can be a little boring asking this over and over again but she sounds so rude. Always sounded by the way. She is lucky she still has some 10 or 11 fans waiting for this album and checking on them on a daily basis. Ugh.

GhettoPrincess likes this.
  8. Island

Island Staff Member

"MUTT-ya" is still iconic.

Blayke, RoffleMayo and singabob like this.
  9. HRH

HRH

I'm relieved it's all over, personally. It's been two years since MKS were any sort of 'thing', I'm surprised people haven't already moved on.

_Gru_ likes this.
  10. Not sure if this proves or disproves anything? Keisha seems to do semi-frequent profile edits.

Island and Evan749 like this.
  11. Yeah she does that very often, probably doesnt mean anything. Her instagram didnt change.

Antony85 likes this.
  12. None of the Sugababes were particularly charismatic. Mutya is about the only one who had something special about her which is why George Michael and Amy Winehouse chose to duet with her. None of the others would ever get that let's be honest. Funnily enough it is one of the fakebabes Jade Ewan who has the most showbizzy charisma - if you go in for that sort of thing - because she's essentially a solo star who was put into a group setting.

13. Any updates on the trademark process?

14. Not really, but we have a couple of new dates for the European application now:

Filing date: November 3, 2015
    Published for opposition date: December 23, 2015
    Deadline for opposition date: March 23, 2016
    Status date: December 23, 2015

http://trademark.markify.com/trademarks/ctm/sugababes/014770408

Evan749, Island and AllSixSugababes like this.
  15. She knows MKS are ancient history that is all. Some just can't accept it so she has to joke to find a way around responding.

Zamin likes this.
  16. Oh, absolutely. She should be glad to still be harassed on a daily basis by special snowflakes who feel like they are entitled to know what's going on on her personal and/or professional life when she has already made it obvious that she doesn't want to share it.

beyoncésweave likes this.
  17. It is a simple thing:

If they come back and release their album. Hurrah!

If they don't come back and don't release their album...then there's no point in getting upset or agitated with the girls. It is what it is. Obviously we want the album but some problems are insurmountable. I can't imagine Keisha would go through all of this legal mumbo jumbo to buy the name if she didn't intend to use it though, so who knows?

I suppose fandom is in a weird state of limbo because they have no closure when it comes to MKS. Fans of MKS are more obsessive than any other lineup of the Sugababes and the 'Sugababes' so I understand the frustration, but let's just leave it be until they're comfortable enough discussing it.

Rod, RUNAWAY, Island and 2 others like this.
  18. It seems like they processed that pretty quickly to publish for opposition. The EU trademark office probably took into account that the US application was nearly completed (with presumably no opposition).

If there is no opposition for the EU application, the trademark gets registered pretty quickly; in around a week I think. It could be registered by early April if all goes well.

AllSixSugababes likes this.
  19. Who cares about their personal lives, fans want to know about the album. The blindness is so freaking huge here. Harassed? That was funny!

GhettoPrincess likes this.
  20. Obsessive and incessant questioning (especially by obnoxious people basically demanding something) is a form of harassment, didn't you know?
    It's people skills 101: if someone doesn't want to talk about something, stop asking. She, and all the other girls, gave polite answers for the longest time, but patience runs out eventually.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.