Sugababes - General Discussion | Page 1552 | The Popjustice Forum

Sugababes - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by Steveweiser, Oct 22, 2006.

1. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

Keisha knows that the general public loves a good comeback and that her commercial aspirations should lie with pleasing this audience; a solo career ONLY made sense when she was the Sugababes' ousted, final original member - press coverage was high and many celebrities were lamenting the situation. Time passed though and she moved on to something much more lucrative - the return of the original lineup. Critical praise was extremely evident when the hints began in 2009 and were unavoidable during 2012/13 as MKS. If the girls put all the pieces together, then I don't see their supposed MKS-era failings impeding good-to-great reception. If anything, we're looking at an All Saints-amount of fanfare and press attention, and honestly, we should be so lucky if that means we get what we truly should want in the first place: the goddamn album.

Rod, Solenciennes and Island like this.
  2. HRH

HRH

It would have to be a 2.0 reunion to get the coverage they were getting as MKS, though. They revealed basically everything about the 1.0 split and reunion in 2013, and having notched up just one flop single from that, they are no way going to inspire any more press attention without involving Heidi (and possibly Amelle).

_Gru_ likes this.
  3. Solenciennes

Solenciennes Staff Member

I don't agree with that, I think putting the album out would suffice in getting some press attention (not much - but really, would Heidi or Amelle bring any more attention? Neither are exactly high profile). I hope that they've got a detailed plan in place for what happens when this legal business wraps up either way, they must know that just never talking about it again will not make their rabid fan base go away!

Island likes this.
  4. HRH

HRH

Neither were Keisha, Mutya or Siobhan in 2013. But they exhausted interest with a wasted campaign. The only way to generate the same level of buzz/press is to bring in Heidi for a "shocking" and "dramatic" reconciliation.

5. Solenciennes

Of course, but as you point out, they expended all the surprise factor on announcing everything before the campaign grinded to a halt so there's really nothing else they can do to recapture that. I don't see it happening myself, I think it'll always just be the original three for this project (should it ever happen), and if it fizzles out conclusively, then perhaps a couple of years from now Keisha will try again with a different line up or the dreaded all six Sugababes idea that's floated around from time to time.

6. Island

Island Staff Member

I low-key wouldn't mind an Amelle return mainly just for the meltdowns.

7. Solenciennes

I've always had a soft spot for Amelle, there's something endearing about her in spite of her many mistakes on stage and messy personal life that directly contradicted everything the Sugababes had built their brand on. I think she gets too hard a time around here, it's been an eye opener to hear her voice and how she uses it outside of the "do the Mutya bits" she had to do in the band. Again, it's a shame she missed the boat on a solo career. She should have jumped ship when the Tinchy track took off if she was unhappy at that point; and she should have definitely released God Won't Save U Now!

Island likes this.
  8. Island

Island Staff Member

Amelle did have a lot of charisma and confidence in live performances. I don't have anything against her. Then again, I didn't know of the Sugababes back then so I didn't get to experience the whole split drama(s).

9. Solenciennes

I think it's too easy to blame Amelle for Keisha being kicked out of the band when really the blame lies at the feet of the people who facilitated Keisha being ejected - in any other job if you had two employees not getting along to the detriment of the group, you sit them down and sort out the problem, you don't remove someone and insert someone else at the drop of a hat. It was just insane! After seeing Amelle and Keisha repairing their relationship over social media, I hope that's how they both see it too.

10. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

I actually think they're all lovely women for vastly differing reasons. I may have reservations about some of the music that I've heard, but that doesn't really color my perception of them as people.

I'm just hoping we get a resolution and new music soon!

Deleted member 5343 likes this.
  11. Island

Island Staff Member

Amelle to everything: "Don't try and even call me on the telephone, it don't mean a thing cos I'm on my own."

12. I though that aswell during Sugababes day (specially early days of 2.0) and apparently they were closer than Mutya and Keisha later on. I saw this in real life a few times aswell. People you'd think are from two different worlds and would never get on somehow end up being BFFs or couples. I think all Mutya and Heidi need is an actual conversation. It can make wonders (look at Siobhan and Keisha)

13. I actually misread 'Keishelle' as 'Keisha In Hell' but I quickly realised I was right the first time.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2016
    Island likes this.
  14. Keishelle's return would be worth it just for @Kirkland's meltdown alone.

Island and fancygreen like this.
  15. kal

kal

A Keishelle return will only be good for the awkward interviews.

MM likes this.
  16. I don't do 'meltdowns' my dear!

17. If Keishelle did join forces once again I'd like to think they would give us the full story on what happened in the days before the About a Girl video shoot. We all want to know what truly went down.

If they tried sweeping it under the carpet like Keisha and Siobhan tried doing in 2013 I would be very disappointed.

18. kal

kal

There's tons of legal red tape around that so they're probably not allowed to say anything.

19. Solenciennes

I look forward to the day when any of them write their memoirs, it'll be fascinating.

Island likes this.
  20. I am pretty sure that was only a gagging order for x number of years though.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.