Sugababes - General Discussion | Page 1668 | The Popjustice Forum

Sugababes - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by Steveweiser, Oct 22, 2006.

1. The greatest hits era was actually pretty successful, though. I know The Sound of Girls Aloud's success kind of dwarfed Overloaded, but the latter still sold 600k. They shouln't have had any of their photos on the cover, just a simple 'Sugababes' logo would have worked much better (a photoshop of all five would have looked bizarre).
    Also, despite its brilliance, for some reason Easy just didn't work well as a lead single at that time.

2. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

[​IMG]

From old-school PJ!!!

http://popjustice2.proboards.com/thread/7782?page=2

3. I actually love that cover.

4. Was it the short 4 second clip from soundcloud or the longer one from youtube? Or a new one??

5. I've just listened to the YouTube one and it was just a shorter version of that.
    They've posted a snippet of Today on their Instagram story now! Sounds great, although more subdued than the live version.

Evan749 likes this.
  6. "Good to be Gone" seems like it would have been the obvious lead single...
    It's a better representation of who the Sugababes were, though I don't necessarily know that it would have performed better than "Easy" ended up doing...

7. Yes, I agree. It probably would have gone Top 10 for one week like Easy. I wonder if the video for Easy had anything to do with it not being well received..

8. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

It's just the slightly-more-than-a-minute clip that was on Soundcloud in 2014/5.

9. Easy was an 11/10 for me then and remains so now.

What a tune what a video can't believe it's been ten years.

burntoutcar and Voicething like this.
  10. Easy is an undeniable pop song, it's just full of energy and the chorus is infectious.

One of my favourites, and a shining moment for Amelle.

11. I love Amelle's vocals on the chorus.

Island likes this.
  12. Heidi's wig ruins the video for me.

Island likes this.
  13. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

Easy is such a bop but it didn't really fit them. I do still love it, though.

Island likes this.
  14. they've just posted keisha's verse omfg

15. kal

kal

Ugh I don't have Instagram!

16. They just posted another previously unheard snippet!

Evan749 likes this.
  17. Easy was TOILET POP in so many ways.

kal likes this.
  18. What is being posted on the Sugababes Instagram? Actual snippets we haven't heard?

I'll have to investigate.

19. kal

kal

I can only imagine the internal resentment Keisha felt every time she had to utter "got such a pretty kitty boy, I know you wanna pet it" in the Easy performances.

Solenciennes, londonrain and Kirkland like this.
  20. kal

kal

I checked out that Instagram's story and they've only posted a low quality recording of Boys and a bit ot Back in the Day.

The latest post us just "Does anyone have Drum?"

So stop lying.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.