Sugababes - General Discussion | Page 2285 | The Popjustice Forum

Sugababes - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by Steveweiser, Oct 22, 2006.

1. I just admit, for Siobhan to post this and for Mutya to repost people saying "they're back" etc.. Something just be afoot?

2. I so need new music from both MKS and Sugababes 4.0... I mean, 2.0 was THE lineup for me, but at least this way we’d get two lots of music.

I understand that Sweet 7 was just completely unrecognisable from the One Touch days, but I still enjoyed the music, and Get Sexy was a banger. I also think Jade had a lot of potential as a vocalist, so it’s a shame she didn’t get long in the band.

I’d love a proper old school, soulful, vocal harmony album from MKS, and a fun, pop fuelled Xenomania album of bangers from 4.0. Best of both worlds really.

davearama, V3RYP05H, Santi319 and 5 others like this.
  3. That photo together is so exciting! Much like Spice Girls, there's only a few bands that being photographed together gets me as excited as this.

nikkysan, claire_louise, He and 9 others like this.
  4. TAKE MY MONEY, LADIES.

Vitamin, acl, He and 7 others like this.
  5. OH MY GOD they look amazing.

I think most people in this forum know they probably won’t have another hit single. The industry is just so different now. But releasing a critically acclaimed album as SUGABABES and touring the UK / Europe / Festivals and Pride events would be enough for me. Sort of like All Saints but they’re 10 years younger so might get more radio support.

6. HeidA

claire_louise, Damon and Staystrong like this.
  7. Thats a fantastic photo and its good to hear they're doing music again allthough to be fair we knew that anyway since every once in a while Keisha or Mutya would post something. What does it mean though? Are they starting again? Are they ready now? Do they have the name back? Or is it a MKS re-launch? Blayke warning us about a roller coaster ride also does sound both hopeful and worrying aswell.

Staystrong likes this.
  8. I wonder what Blayke is referring to. I hope the news is good.

9. I thought he just meant that we're in for another world of "SOON!", "2-12 weeks" and so on.

10. This. The ladies can siphon off some (or all) of my monthly salary if that means we’ll get singles and albums!

distant_cousin and Staystrong like this.
  11. Said it before but it remains the biggest pop-injustice that their album was never released. Flatline, Boys, Love In Stereo, Summer of 69 and I’m Alright are all 10/10.

I would pay for that album today.

12. The All Saints model is exactly what they should be doing. I honestly don't think they even need the Sugababes name for that to be successful, though of course it would be a bonus as they damn well deserve it.

acl, MYCAL, DoggySwami and 9 others like this.

13. Is it Keisha or am I imagining it?

14. kal

kal

Girl, that’s definitely not Keisha but I would LOVE a collaboration with Katy.

Blue6010, acl, V3RYP05H and 11 others like this.
  15. Sorry!
    To be honest I wouldn't be surprised. Btw I saw that Katy liked the picture of the girls from the studio that Dj Lady Lloyd posted on Twitter. Funnily enough Katy also used to perform her own cover of Flowers! There are some many parallels between them.

16. I’m beyond happy to see them still working together. They have so much magic and chemistry. I really hope they can officially release an album at some point.

17. I'm genuinely surprised (and thrilled) that this one picture has made so many news sites. I wondered if maybe the first reunion was such a non event for the GP that everyone thought this was the first time they'd got back together, but all the stories seem to mention Flatline etc. I hope this gives the girls some encouragement.

18. I was more pointing reference to the journey thus far etc.

Butterfly, Kirkland and kal like this.
  19. It’s so weird that after hearing the news I went on Facebook and where it shows your memories it said “seven years ago today” and I had posted those gorgeous photo booth pix from the MKS launch...it’s a sign I tell you! Maybe not but I’ll never give up hope!

20. The only way a Sugababes reunion will be commercially successful today in any form - new music/tours is if its 2.0.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.