Sugababes - General Discussion | Page 2297 | The Popjustice Forum

Sugababes - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by Steveweiser, Oct 22, 2006.

1. Sometimes I think Run For Cover is their best single. There's drama in it. I like that.

Rod, chanex, nikkysan and 22 others like this.
  2. I refuse to believe that nobody in their 12-15's listened to "just let it go" after a heartbreak.
    I did. Siobhan told me that there's a good thing waiting for you don't you know?
    And she was right.
    Aww, good old times <3

MYCAL, Staystrong, cheida and 7 others like this.
  3. For me, it is their best single. I love the dramatic and dark aspects of it. Girl bands really weren’t veering from the pop formula and taking those risks on a single at that time. It’s ageless.

[​IMG]

4. With majority of One Touch i just changed my opinion. I disliked New Year, now i love it, i've grown to love One Touch, same with One Foot In and Promises. On the other hand i thought Same Old Story was fun, now it annoys me, i found Just Let It Go as cute, now its boring. Real Thing isnt as fun as i thought it was 17 years ago. I still like Look At Me and Soul Sound but i like both a lot less than back in the day. Only Lush Life, Overload and Run For Cover stayed on the same (great) level for me

5. Soul Sound might just be sneaking up to become my favourite Sugababes single. It's so soothing and calming and chill, even though it took a while to grow on me. I would love for them to perform it again now. Run For Cover is also right up there, I gave it my 11 in the rate I think.

V3RYP05H, acl, Staystrong and 8 others like this.
  6. I think this every day.

Because it's true.

7. Run for Cover, along with Stronger make my top 2. I’m Alright completes the holy trinity. I hope one day we get the final mastered version. It’s breathtaking.

8. Solenciennes

Solenciennes Staff Member

I’m assuming they’re not going to tease anything else for the next month so can it hurry up and be September please?!

9. Hopefully we'll get some info in the next days/weeks by investigating website domains, social media accounts, PR firms etc.

10. Entire catalogue, babe.

Staystrong and Zinone like this.
  11. Yes, Run For Cover is their best single.

Future Lover, acl, londonrain and 5 others like this.
  12. Oh, I just recalled that I still haven't listened to their last two albums and MKS songs, but heard "Change" a few months ago. I really have to catch up with my listening schedule.

Verses of "Promises" are one of the highlights of "One Touch".
    And of course "Run for Cover" is their best single from that album.

V3RYP05H and londonrain like this.
  13. Caught In A Moment is still the one for me.

14. I don’t connect with One Touch like I used to but it’s still an incredible album...
    One Foot In, Just Let it Go, and Lush Life remain among their very best album tracks...
    It might sound weird, but I find listening to Look at Me to be draining somehow...
    I don’t know how to describe it...
    Don’t Wanna Wait remains one of their best b-sides...

Maki likes this.
  15. Run for Cover is absolutely freaking incredible!!! That middle 8 is insane.

Angeleyes, MYCAL, nikkysan and 21 others like this.
  16. Run For Cover love warms my heart always! Especially since it flopped hard in Australia, for we are a tasteless bunch! Although, something tells me @Untouchable Ace @livefrommelbs @JamesJupiter @ohnoitisnathan might love it, so the PopJustice bunch of us might be okay people! :D

Also - they certainly served some of their best looks in the video, hey? A Fashion Video Editorial!

Rod, MYCAL, Robsolete and 16 others like this.
  17. An absolute classic! Don't let the flop taste of our island nation be a reflection on the few of us that know a good pop song when we see one.

18. Push The Button is the one.

One of the best songs ever made.

19. I remember hearing it for the first time. Here in the states there was zero promotion for a number of acts, so to see One Touch on sale at my local Sam Goody, I picked up the only copy they had in stock. Both it, and Fever were the albums that carried me through my Junior year in high school. Stunning. That whole album is pure, pop class.

20. Um... sorry, but no. I don't like those late 90s/early 00s/thereafter r&b-style whiny vocals.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.