Sugababes - General Discussion | Page 2668 | The Popjustice Forum

Sugababes - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by etienne, Jul 8, 2006.

1. Island

Island Staff Member

I'm not seeing enough love for this one:

I wanted them to mash it up with Real Thing if they were doing One Touch concerts.

2. Right. Well I checked an old performance I have from PITP 2001, in wich they perform a kind of extended version of Overload and I‘m quite sure as you can hear Mutya clearly sing „You‘re messing with my head„ like you mentioned in your earlier post. It also makes the most sense to me and complements the other lyrics.. I‘m on Overload in my head..

Rod, Fanatical, londonrain and 2 others like this.
  3. kal

kal

Mutya posting a story containing “kill your local pedophile” written on some guy’s hoodie is where I check out.

DoggySwami, Fanatical and Stopremix like this.
  4. 1. Disturbed...
    2. Someone in My Bed...
    3. Like the Weather...
    4. In Recline...
    5. Sugababes on the Run...
    Honorable mention to the overlooked Girls b-side Don’t Look Back...

5. I'm surprised you've held on this long.

6. This performance and Siobhán’s opening verse give me chills every single time. There are many wasted opportunities and frustration coming from the ‘MKS’ years obviously but this song really, really deserved to be released in a high quality, finished form.

7. Is this on YouTube?

8. Guess it's time for my yearly "Today is one of the best Sugababes songs ever and it should get released periodT" post.

9. Great memories of that day... the bloody heat though. My God. I've never been so hot.

10. I've always thought it is 'I see it thinking back'

Antony85 likes this.
  11. So basically no one (themselves included) really knows.

dell321 and Sugaboy like this.
  12. My mind is in the gutter, I’ve always sang I’ll sleep with any man

In hindsight, they were 15/16 when they wrote this so assume not.

13. I secre tay u bahhhh - is the official lyric. A true “what are the lyrics again F” Mutya moment.

14. Why has it taken me so long to get into Siobhan’s two albums? Amazing.

15. Been thinking more and more about them lately, especially as we go through the 20-year festivities. Maybe something about how it starts up with such a thrilling jolt, but just pressing play on "Overload" is like a portal to a lot of happy, beautiful and important memories, with a group of women we've been so lucky to have our lives graced by.

And about that glorious, iconic, singular starting note, I will shamelessly say that this:
    remains as true as ever. Lucky, yeah?

16. ADM

ADM

I've carried this cross too. I listen to them non-stop for weeks maybe only a year ago.

17. Oh I’ve still not listened to any of her solo material- think I’ve only heard Don’t Give up and even then, that was at the time it was out.

berserkboi likes this.
  18. ADM

ADM

Today is going to be a good day for you.

19. 11 years ago today...

"The current line-up of the Sugababes has disbanded. Heidi Range and Amelle Berrabah will continue as the Sugababes and will be joined by new member Jade Ewen. They release their album ‘Sweet 7’ on November 23rd through Island Records. Keisha Buchanan will continue to record for Island Records as a solo artist."

Do you remember where you were when you heard the news?

20. ADM

ADM

11 years and 5 minutes later..

"REDONE.....SUGA-BABES.."

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.