Sugababes - One Touch (20th Anniversary Edition) + General Discussion | Page 2838 | The Popjustice Forum

Sugababes - One Touch (20th Anniversary Edition) + General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by etienne, Jul 8, 2006.

1. Suprised they signed off on this. It’s horrendous

2. I can’t listen to a remix where the track is in the wrong key to the vocals. It completely ruins what might’ve been a good mix. Awful remix!

dell321 likes this.
  3. I like the vibe of it but something has gone terribly wrong with the chorus. Hideous.

Evan749 and Jasper47 like this.
  4. After reading the comments. I'm really afraid to listen to this remix.

Burzum likes this.
  5. Don't be, I'm listening to the remix now and it's fine to me. Very garage-y

Island, Tchotchke, kal and 2 others like this.
  6. Overload (Metronomy Remix) sounded so promising on paper, but this really ain't it.

That aside, I'm pretty impressed by the remixes' numbers on Spotify. Both the Run For Cover and Same Old Story ones are at around 500k plays, which is definitely a lot more than what I would have expected for what I thought were pretty niche releases.

elektricblue and sesita like this.
  7. This is demonically bad!

fancygreen, 4Roses, acl and 4 others like this.
  8. Metronomy remix is fine for a little garage moment, but it being in the wrong key is not it.
    I prefer the Run For Cover remix to the original

9. Sharpening my talons if they bring this level of hideousness to their new work with Jessie Ware…

10. A palette cleanser!

berserkboi and dell321 like this.
  11. I would have preferred if they just took some tracks and re-recorded them with a fresh spin/ re- imagined vibe (as opposed to just a remix).

1- run for cover with MNEK duet (rerecorded all together)

2 - overload rerecord + whatever they can cook up (esp since Keisha and Siobhan were the only ones on the chorus)

3 - promises rerecorded with Dev Hynes giving us a beat like flatline / losing you / lay down in swimming pools. A darker vibe sound.

4 - one foot in rerecorded with a fresh modern backing + the extra verse they originally had that was never released. Maybe turned in to a ballad with strings?

Last edited: Jul 27, 2021
    MusicalMelody, dell321 and Stopremix like this.
  12. It's actually fine. Guess you were right.

13. I can already imagine the babes' reaction hearing it for the first time.

x_b58b021d-01.jpg

Adore the UKG beats though!

4Roses, popjunkie, hownee and 2 others like this.
  14. 4525A712-EF2F-49AC-82AB-7CA3BDD27D28.jpeg 64EEB9DE-AF79-4708-A304-9CA909B47B54.jpeg

Evan749 likes this.

15. ‘Comments are turned off’ ddddd

sesita likes this.
  16. This fanbase...

myblood, He, claire_louise and 13 others like this.
  17. Also 'in the wrong key'... most remixes change keys, it's why they are called remixes.

myblood, He, MusicalMelody and 7 others like this.
  18. What they've done to the chorus is a bit unexpected but I really love the 'I'm on overload' bits. It's fine for a garage remix.

He, MusicalMelody and sesita like this.
  19. Their point wasn't "they've changed the key of the song", they were saying "the acapella and instrumental aren't the same key."

20. Still, remixes will do that. Do we really think Metronomy, an award winning band made a 'mistake' because the song isn't as close to the original as possible?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.