Sugababes - One Touch (20th Anniversary Edition) + General Discussion | Page 2839 | The Popjustice Forum

Sugababes - One Touch (20th Anniversary Edition) + General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by etienne, Jul 8, 2006.

1. It’s ok as far as remixes go.

I thought the same when it came to the Blood Orange Remix - I love it now.

Tchotchke likes this.
  2. Yeah, that's quite jarring and not nice to the ear.

myblood, Lander, 4Roses and 7 others like this.
  3. kal

kal

This is a YouTube Music thing, not a Sugababes thing.

FINISH LINE and andru like this.
  4. This is the first one that I don’t like.

The Run For Cover remix still sounds great and I come back to it a lot.

5. Again I like it. As pointed out it’s very garage-y. The remixes aren’t poppers o’clock or “look at their harmonies!!!” reinventions but I really think they exactly are what the people involved wanted to create? They feel quite after hour/party chill out, a bit odd, somehow catchy thanks to the source material and completely on brand for me. Best remixes ever? No. A cohesive and specific trio of garage driven additions to One Touch? Yes!

He, OlliMaus, MusicalMelody and 5 others like this.
  6. Wow, this mix is ...atonal.

Lander, Stopremix, Evan749 and 2 others like this.
  7. W2K

W2K

No I don’t think they made a mistake, I just think it sounds awful dad.

8. They're fine - I won't be using any of them but they do the job in terms of giving a little boost to the reissue.

Keep in mind there was probably a budget of fuck all for these, so they're pulling in favours from existing friends of the band. These were never going to be stunning legendary reinventions, they're just nice bits of content to keep spotify fed.

myblood, Blayke, lushLuck and 8 others like this.
  9. I would have preferred Metronomy to have remixed this using their own style rather than trying garage for the first time.

10. 2014

2014 Staff Member

MNEK’s Run For Cover says hello.

myblood, OlliMaus, lushLuck and 4 others like this.
  11. This remix is so....annoying to listen to. Honestly i dont care about any of the released ones but to be fair in the huge selection of Sugababes remixes over the decades i like maybe 5 so.... thats not where the Sugababes goods lies.

Stopremix likes this.
  12. kal

kal

I’m just waiting for the eventual meltdowns in here when we get Girls Nite Out because..

I asked Jony Rockstar about it and he described it as “a bit trashy”.

13. Umm I quite like this?

mandykane21, Vitamin, sesita and 4 others like this.
  14. Less remix complaining, more bundle buying pls.

He, Passion, Tchotchke and 7 others like this.
  15. kal

kal

YAS VAS.

Visual is here too.

16. kal

kal

Spotify lists Tatyana as an artist in the release page. I think she may be the one doing the chorus?

17. She’s plays the harp looking at her Twitter.

18. It’s an interesting take on the track. Nice instrumental and I can get on board with the structural changes.

However, they should’ve pitched the verse vocals up just ever so slightly (or re-recorded them) because there’s a difference between having an intentional discordant moment of whatever, and the vocals actually just sounding flat.

fancygreen and Maki like this.
  19. I thought the Overload Remix was fine? Keeps the garage vibe like the other 2 remixes we have had.

20. A fresh Overload mix had the highest potential for being picked up by radio and playlists.

So them wasting the opportunity on this pretty appalling remix is beyond disappointing.

vivalaradio, MrOCB, RUNAWAY and 7 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.