Sugababes - One Touch (20th Anniversary Edition) + General Discussion | Page 2895 | The Popjustice Forum

Sugababes - One Touch (20th Anniversary Edition) + General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by etienne, Jul 8, 2006.

1. I wonder how long the vinyl I ordered will arrive here (in Australia). One month?

Either way, I'm so excited!

Jasper47 likes this.
  2. I got told 1-3 months. So instead I’ll buy my stuff at jbhifi.

Blayke and singabob like this.
  3. Mine appears to be leaving the UK within the next 24 hours. My last UK import during COVID-19 last year, it came in 10 working days. Hoping it applies here too.

kal and Jasper47 like this.
  4. Promises acoustic is stunning

5. Girls Nite Out is almost making me emotional. It's such a clear window to that time. Dare say we can only fully appreciate it now that we have nostalgia for it.

It's the first track I've played and yeah, very, very strong.

kal and dell321 like this.

6. Wow this was creepy now..
    Merkel double post right there..!

I tried to post a picture of her with an unimpressed face to highlight your comment saying they‘re success in Germany is one of the few things that makes you proud being German. Go Angie!

Jasper47 likes this.
  7. I like the alternative mix of Look At Me.
    A lot.

Maki and DoggySwami like this.
  8. Loving the 2001 version of Just Let It Go. I wonder if it was planned for single number 5?

Also have Spotify labeled Little Lady Love wrong? The ‘non remix’ version is the same version that appears on the New Year single as the About 2 Remix, and the About 2 Remix on the anniversary addition is the ‘new/old/original?’ version. Has the Anniversary Edition got the tracks mixed up or was the New Year single labeled incorrectly as the About 2 Remix?

Maki, Inky, krajol and 2 others like this.
  9. So much to digest! Soul Sound alternative version featuring Keisha on the 2nd verse!

10. Thankfully the 'This is Sugababes' playlist has been updated!

He, Sugaboy, sesita and 7 others like this.
  11. All the new tracks and alternative takes are incredibly strong. Dare say it's even stronger than the b-sides we already had. There's a stunning alternate One Touch album here and the quality is on par with the original.

I really need them to sing Always Be the One with their adult voices. They would kill those harmonies.

12. 91F7D980-92DC-4D42-B12D-6E9AEF6A7049.jpeg FFF4BF27-52A0-4BFA-A31D-A70FC7D66A18.jpeg So nice to see One Touch in the charts (even if it’s iTunes). So curious to see what the end result will be both UK and AU.

As well as seeing “new release” on Spotify

Last edited: Oct 1, 2021
    Sugaboy, Pink Frost, singabob and 5 others like this.
  13. Just opened my iTunes to have a preview of the new songs before tomorrow to be confronted by One Touch as the first 'new album' listed. Lovely to see!

Sugaboy, Robert, kal and 5 others like this.
  14. This is a gift. An almost dizzying amount of content. The demos are delightful, and fit in very nicely next to the B-sides; “Little Lady Love” in particular slaps. The remixes, despite their unevenness, are all genuinely different takes on those songs and can at least be cached as cute acknowledgements of people who have supported the MKS project. The alternate mixes are the clear highlights for me—all of them uniformly great? With a laidback, almost lounge-y vibe to them. “Promises (Acoustic Mix)” and “Just Let It Go (2001 Version”) especially are… welp.

To think that we’ve lived with only the album and a few other tracks for 21 years, and suddenly this vast trove of music appears to expand that universe in so many different, lovely ways. Like a love letter sent from the past; how strange and wonderful.

15. Is it time for a new rate @beyoncésweave? I just love the way you describe their music!

Maki, Sugaboy, myblood and 6 others like this.
  16. I'm listening to New Year (Non Christmas Version) now. Whenever they are signing "at Winter", it sounds like a different recording?

Or am I just so used to hearing "at Christmas" that this sounds odd to my ears?

17. I’ve only ever had the winter version. At Christmas is the odd version for me funny enough.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2021
    Stopremix and singabob like this.
  18. It's all about how Don't Wanna Wait still sounds like a 64kbps rip on Spotify for me. <3

19. I’ve always assumed it was spliced from a different recording like how some radio edits would censor words.

singabob likes this.
  20. kal

kal

It’s not just Spotify. It’s every platform. I’m pretty sure it’s mislabeled.

I just woke up from a dream where some website was selling access to 3 separate podcasts - one with each member. And you’d get special access to an interview with all 3 girls if you purchased all of them. Mutya’s one was $12, Siobhan’s was $15, and Keisha’s was $70. Gotta recoup those legal fees, I imagine.

Burzum, Island, myblood and 6 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.