Sugababes - One Touch (20th Anniversary Edition) + General Discussion | Page 2927 | The Popjustice Forum

Sugababes - One Touch (20th Anniversary Edition) + General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by etienne, Jul 8, 2006.

1. I think it's perfect. Isn't it?

Blayke and LPMA like this.
  2. It’s so much better than the regular Capoeira remix.

Blayke, JMRGBY and Jasper47 like this.
  3. I thought Mutya had forgotten what she actually sang on that line.

I’ve always thought it was “I’ll sleep with them in bed”!

Stopremix likes this.
  4. I was so excited for the two t-shirts that came with the bundle and I tried them on today...they're very much for people who are tall and slim, aren't they? I ordered large and they're like dresses on me but also tight as heck! So gutted.

Jacques likes this.
  5. I can’t believe how stunning they look?

Why am I such a granny and they remain AGELESS?

He, sinner, Sunny B and 6 others like this.
  6. They really are 3 beautiful and elegant ladies. Not to mention talented too.

7. So I had long dismissed this album, after not clicking with the singles bar Run for Cover (it took me a while to get Overload), but after sitting with this remaster for a week I can say Soul Sound and New Year are probably my least favorite? It feels like they had so many better options for singles.

8. wtf

9. After many plays of this over the past week, Mutya’s bridge/middle 8 in Real Thing is now possibly my favourite vocal moment on the whole album.
    It sounds particularly amazing on the alternative version.

freeheadmess likes this.
  10. I love the album now, isn’t that all that matters? Ddd

Flashbacks to @beyoncésweave asking me to reassess my scores in the rate

11. You certainly aren't the first to question the album's singles run. I think most fans view Soul Sound as a bad single choice, especially as it was supposedly a make-or-break single. And while New Year is very popular as a song, releasing a psuedo-Christmas song as your second ever single was a bizarre move. Couple that with the odd timing of the release of the album (a couple months after the first single but a few weeks before the second, in super busy December) and they really didn't stand much chance.

I'll give London credit for going with the somewhat out-there Overload as first single and getting the album tracklist right, but a lot of their decisions were awful. I think the One Touch era easily had the potential to be much bigger with different singles and timing.

12. The singles were the right ones.

lushLuck, -Jay- and rubirubi like this.
  13. I think One Foot In, Same Old Story or Promises would all have outperformed Soul Sound. One Foot In especially sounds like the easy hit they let slip by, particularly if they used the alternate mix (which sure sounds like a single remix to me).

Stopremix and Maki like this.
  14. Overload followed by Run For Cover then album release followed by Promises or One Foot In and close the campaign with New Year sounds like a better plan to me but thats all subjective...

MarkB likes this.
  15. New Year was a great holiday / post crimbo blues song you all just let the chart position fill you with what ifs.

lushLuck, dell321 and Runawaywithme like this.
  16. I feel back in 2000 we were still in the era of big pop groups feeling like they needed to release a ballad at Christmas. So I do think New Year made sense at the time.

I agree Soul Sound made no sense as a single. Promises would’ve been ace.

I think the whole era was a bit too alternative pop to ever be number 1’s like their next few singles/albums, but that is why I love it.

17. kal

kal

Same Old Story would have made such a fire single.

18. But I'm not talking about the quality of the song, I'm talking about its commercial success. Even judging it as a Christmas song, I never see it on Christmas compilations or playlists, or hear it in the shops or on ads, so it didn't even pay off there.

19. Personally, New Year is as much of a Christmas song as Move by Little Mix is.

Pure Shores likes this.
  20. I love that the Sugababes released a Christmas single about being dumped over the festive period and feeling miserable. That's my kind of pop group.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.