Sugababes - The Lost Tapes (Deluxe)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've a question to those in the know, with Spotify's New Music Friday, are songs submitted for consideration or does someone/a team at Spotify choose them?

For instance, Today has been added to some New Music Friday lists but no other track has and it hasn't been listed in the UK. It's not making logical sense to me.

Specific songs are usually chosen by the artist/label and submitted as 'focus tracks' and a team at Spotify chooses whether to feature them and where in the playlist. There are whole teams at these streaming services that literally just makes playlists all day (what a job!).

A lot of it relies on a good relationship with those people, which is why major labels etc. usually get guaranteed and/or higher placements on the list.

I've a question to those in the know, with Spotify's New Music Friday, are songs submitted for consideration or does someone/a team at Spotify choose them?

For instance, Today has been added to some New Music Friday lists but no other track has and it hasn't been listed in the UK. It's not making logical sense to me.

Yes, normally 1 song will be pitched as a focus track for playlists. So in many cases it’ll be that song that gets added, but it’s ultimately up to editors to decide which songs get playlisted.

Edit: ooops, sorry @chrisjche , I’m repeating what you’ve already said.

I was comparing my standard Qobuz download from last week to the deluxe version I downloaded today, and there does seem to be a difference. The chorus doesn't feel as constrained. It's not night and day, but it's definitely opened up a bit more.

What was even more noticeable was how good the audio sounds listening to the Qobuz files compared to Spotify which I've been using to listen to the album all week (gotta get those streams in for Wrapped 2023!). Spotify sounds muted, quiet and slightly muddy in comparison, whereas Qobuz is on a whole other level. If you have good headphones I whole heartedly recommend downloading it from Qobuz.

I find the audio quality on Spotify to be poor across the board. Everything is always quieter and not as full sounding. I only use it to discover new music and then get the mp3s after. I might need to check out Qobuz though.

Qobuz is great because for a slightly more expensive fee you can buy the files in an assortment of qualities. I highly recommend it for those who have high quality headphones or a high quality car stereo.

Qobuz is great because for a slightly more expensive fee you can buy the files in an assortment of qualities. I highly recommend it for those who have high quality headphones or a high quality car stereo.
I downloaded this yesterday, albeit haven’t accessed the music yet. Not sure it’s a good idea given I have a burst eardrum? Was it because I listening to The Lost Tapes super loud since it was released? Perhaps. It shan’t stop me.

He/Him
I've compared Summer of '99 on Apple Music with the one I downloaded from Qobuz last week and there's no difference.

Unless Spotify had a different upload? Spotify has uploaded crap before and swapped it out.

But my guess is people are comparing Spotify to Qobuz and realising how shit Spotify sounds in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.