Sugababes - The Lost Tapes (Deluxe)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure how Radio play listing works, but ALMA’s Summer Really Hurt Us (bop) has just been added to the B-List on Radio 2. It came out in late September 2022. I haven’t been following the streams so I can’t say whether or not it’s a recent streaming-increase situation. Is this common?

Just wondering whether they would also wait months for Today to prove itself.

Ooooooh no, darling I can't haaaang on
I can feel a flaaaatline, that ought to be a waaavee (waaaaaaaaAAAAAaaaavee…)

eliana-cantando.gif

Hold up, have I been singing it wrong for a decade?!

I thought it was ‘there ought to be a wave’.

I'm ready to say that "Summer of '99" is my favorite Sugababes song.
It would have made such a great single. I hope they decide to push it a bit like “Today”.

Have the girls ever said anything about “Summer of 99”? Seems to be one of the few tracks they have never mentioned or performed.

It would have made such a great single. I hope they decide to push it a bit like “Today”.

Have the girls ever said anything about “Summer of 99”? Seems to be one of the few tracks they have never mentioned or performed.

Yep, for me Summer of 99 was so clearly the perfect comeback single. It’s a step on from About You Now, refers back to when the original band was formed, has a BIG chorus.

But also why did they never perform it at their original live shows? Always thought they might be holding it back to be a big single but no idea

Yep, for me Summer of 99 was so clearly the perfect comeback single. It’s a step on from About You Now, refers back to when the original band was formed, has a BIG chorus.

But also why did they never perform it at their original live shows? Always thought they might be holding it back to be a big single but no idea
I also thought that before “The lost tapes” was released, they were saving it to be a single. Now that it’s out, still not one mention of it.

If they don’t perform it this year I will just assume they don’t like it that much.

I mean I always assumed that there weren't many good memories at the start of the band (hence Siobhan leaving)?

I might be wrong, but it could explain the general exclusion of the song.

I mean I always assumed that there weren't many good memories at the start of the band (hence Siobhan leaving)?

I might be wrong, but it could explain the general exclusion of the song.

I think they look back on the start of the band with a lot of fondness now, hence inclusion of Back In Day. Someone said Little Mix had been interested in recording Summer of 99 so maybe that's why it hasn't been mentioned much over the years.

Summer of 99 is amazing but I don’t think it would’ve worked as a contender for first single for MKS.

I remember there being this expectation for them to be ‘moody’ and a bit of shock that they were producing things as poppy as Boys. I even remember criticism of what they were wearing in the Flatline video as ‘too sexy’ and that the video should be filmed in autumnal London (despite being the most whimsy summer song going…)?

Lost Tapes does make way more sense as a Sugababes album rather than a Mutya Keisha Siobhan one. I just hope they add Summer of 99 to their live sets.

Status
Not open for further replies.