Sugababes - UK Tour 2022 | Page 3030 | The Popjustice Forum

Sugababes - UK Tour 2022

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by etienne, Jul 8, 2006.

1. Island

Island Staff Member

I even did Keisha’s live ad-lib she used to do at the end of the Round Round performances during that promo cycle.

2. So I ran some searches on that AI image engine everyone's been using, and the results are... interesting.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Rod, Carlo, Sugaboy and 9 others like this.
  3. kal

kal

Thanks, I hate it.

myblood, Mvnl, Lapras and 1 other person like this.
  4. I think if they were to do a Greatest Hits it should be a double disc affair, with one being the original recordings and the other being MKS updating the classics. Would be a great way to secure sales via streams and re-introduce themselves to the GP outside of the festival dates.

Rob and Quimogen like this.
  5. This isn’t a bad idea actually. Load up the first disc with a variety of hits from each lineup, then pick some of their favorite singles and album tracks to update with the original three for the second. There are quite a few tracks that would work quite well. I’d love to hear a new Conversation’s Over. That way they could be respectful of the past and all six women. It could be great.

pmas likes this.
  6. The only re-recordings we need them to do is to update and finish the MKS demos.

7. I for one support re-recordings of "Hole in the Head" and "Push the Button" to cement ethereal queen Siobhán with two verses about ass.

Mr.Arroz, chrisjche, myblood and 11 others like this.
  8. I want a sugababes documentary on their upcoming album and tour behind the scenes.

bonnieetclyde likes this.
  9. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

All I can say is that if they wanna sell a new Greatest Hits to take advantage of their reformation and the streaming potential... they're not without precedent. I wouldn't mind hearing 1.0 on 2.0/3.0 tracks. Their discography has always had a wealth to it, and performing "About You Now" alone is such a demonstration of them recognizing that. They would be highly rewarded if they banked on the hits that their name spawned, even without all three of them at the helm.

10. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

Ugh, this may be mucho, but I just wanted to say... my cousin (who is only four months older than me) had her daughter when she was like 25/26, and she told me on the phone last week that postpartum depression completely advanced and made her already high anxiety and suffering worse and more painful. Mutya was not even 21 when she experienced the heaviness that caused her to make her choice to leave the group. I can't even grasp what she was feeling.

I don't even think it's a 2022 gaze we need to have, but a simple recognization that women in all industries get shit from every direction. If these women made choices it should be more appropriate for us to support them because there's a host of things that we don't know, see, or experience. If we can appreciate what their music has done for us then we can also respect how it's shaped and affected them. That's the least that we can do as people that will likely never experience the magnitude of the pressures that they've endured as public figures.

11. Screaming at the "jumping but make it fashion" ANTM moment of the last one.

myblood likes this.
  12. I wouldn't be opposed to something like

SUGABABES: Mutya/Keisha/Siobhan
    [Disc 1]
    01. Overload
    02. Freak Like Me (2022 version)
    03. Hole in the Head (2022 version)
    04. Stronger (2022 version)
    05. Round Round (2022 version)
    06. Flatline
    07. Flowers
    08. Too Lost in You (2022 version)
    09. Push the Button (2022 version)
    10. Caught in a Moment (2022 version)
    11. About You Now [Acoustic] (2022 version)
    12. Run for Cover
    [Disc 2]
    01. Drum
    02. Summer of '99
    03. Today
    04. Boys
    05. Metal Heart
    06. I'm Alright
    07. Love in Stereo
    08. Beat Has Gone
    09. Love Me Heard
    10. No Regrets
    11. Back in the Day
    12. Victory
    [DVD]
    01. Sugababes - 20 years documentary [1hr:59mins]

Ha.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2022
  13. You forgot Push the button

bonnieetclyde likes this.
  14. Here I go again in my darkest hoouuur!

SiduousIII, Totto, myblood and 12 others like this.
  15. Had a couple of DMs with Mutya over the last few days - I asked if there were plans for a Scottish / Glasgow date and she said she hoped so.

Here’s hoping the Ticketmaster thing is the start?

claire_louise, HolyWater, GCZ and 2 others like this.
  16. ADM

ADM

They need to announce this tour (ideally for November or so) ASAP so I don’t have to go to westlife!

17. I’d love to her them cover Running up that Hill think they would sound amazing I know Siobhan is a Kate bush fan. What other covers do people think the would sound good on?

18. Only if a Medevac mashup happens.

myblood, Sugaboy, Gasur and 7 others like this.
  19. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

Not this finally being deleted due to copyright!

dell321 and OhJimmy87 like this.
  20. This is going to come across completely leftfield but the moment I heard Birdy's Keeping Your Head Up, I could just imagine hearing them on it. The song's structure just works for a trio and their harmonies would sound gorgeous on it.

dell321 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.