Sugababes - UK Tour 2022 | Page 3053 | The Popjustice Forum

Sugababes - UK Tour 2022

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by etienne, Jul 8, 2006.

1. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

I'm not saying this was planned or anticipated but hypewise this probably is the best thing that could happen, possibly better than having the main stage in the first place?

myblood, sesita, Blue6010 and 22 others like this.
  2. It builds momentum for them to be invited back to the next Glastonbury on a bigger stage, once they’ve fully re-established themselves with their tour and new music, and draw an even bigger crowd.

Seeing the crowd turn up for them reminded me of Dua Lipa’s first Glastonbury where a similar thing happened, let that be a good omen.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2022
    myblood, Fuchsia, sesita and 21 others like this.
  3. How does Glastonbury actually work, is it a ‘you have one shot’ deal or do they take notes and give opportunities to ‘move up’ based on prior popularity?

To be fair, Sugababes in 2022 as there second show was always a gamble what with the confusing history, but the catalogue and the vocals speak for themselves.

Manifesting: Glastonbury next year, Keisha brings out Jade to do a tiny bit of Get Sexy together. The only multi-line up thing I’d be here for (Im only half joking).

pmas likes this.
  4. I just need to stream Today. Please make it happen.

5. Everyone knows the name Sugababes. Everyone knows those songs. They’re probably one of the most known names on the entire line-up this year.

6. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Not me now imagining 4.0 opening with Get Sexy, Keisha storming on stage going 'nonononono' and 1.0 taking over from there

Last edited: Jun 25, 2022
  7. [​IMG]

myblood, sesita, nikkysan and 10 others like this.
  8. I went to a BBQ last night and Glastonbury was playing all evening, me and my friend were gutted when we realised Sugababes weren’t being streamed, so we ended up hijacking the speakers and played the songs they performance on their last gig and just told everyone there were no camera’s so we could only get the audio streaming, and they believed us, it wad literally the album versions ddd.

myblood, SiduousIII, sesita and 24 others like this.
  9. kal

kal

The true chaotic good.

10. Siobhan’s cardigan is honestly iconic.

[​IMG]

myblood, SiduousIII, sesita and 26 others like this.
  11. It’s so satisfying the see the SUGABABES attract such a huge crowd. Everyone is dancing wild and singing a long!!! On one hand I’m like ‘duh of course’ but I’m also so surprised and proud. I feel like they have the credibility back that they had in the early days. The looks, the vocals, the amazing LIVE band. It’s all very exciting!!

12. kal

kal

Anniversary Remixes vinyl is back on pre-order. Current release date is July 22nd. I placed an order through Banquet Records.

topopMAC1, Shelby '68 and dell321 like this.
  13. It doesn't really surprise me that if you put thousands of millennials in a field and tell them the Sugababes are performing that they'd flock to them to sing every word. You have to remember MKS/Sugbabes hasn't been a tangible thing to the general public so it would've felt out of the blue for them to be there. I think the timing of everything has finally fallen into place.

myblood, SiduousIII, sesita and 19 others like this.
  14. Cardi S

Evan749, dell321 and tOMMYp3 like this.
  15. I’ve added Hole In My Head to my cycling class after Hoopla and the way literally everybody always beams from ear to ear as soon as the song starts. The Sugababes are icons.

16. This thread during the past few days weeks:

[​IMG]

But yeah, it's great to see that Sugababes are properly back.

17. Island

Island Staff Member

Suburbia and Mvnl like this.
  18. Exactly what I was thinking!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.