Sugababes - "When the Rain Comes" + 9th Album

Hi guys, hope everyone is doing alright.
I'm not much on here these days anymore and I don't quite keep up with everything that is going on that much either. I'm still aware of their diary though and kind of expected them to change up things a little more after more than two years, add some new songs let go of others. Okay they added Shape at least something.

Also not a big fan of some of their styling/fashion choices for this era, Siobhan's top for tonights show, comes quite unexpected but hey that's just me.

Looking forward to the new album but I reckon that's probably not gonna be released until sometime next year?

I'm not much on here these days anymore and I don't quite keep up with everything that is going on that much either. I'm still aware of their diary though and kind of expected them to change up things a little more after more than two years, add some new songs let go of others. Okay they added Shape at least something.

Also not a big fan of some of their styling/fashion choices for this era, Siobhan's top for tonights show, comes quite unexpected but hey that's just me.
Okay?

Ugly is the more obvious choice and their festival sets will always be the crowd pleasers. Hope they play some smaller shows for fans at some point with more deep cuts. They did a good job at the O2 with the One Touch section, although it was toilet break time for many casuals.

The last tour was already a bit of test for the locals with the pretty mid tempo middle section. Although they erased that from their minds instantly with the absolute hit overload in the last third of the setlist.

I know we’ve seen it a few times at this point, but I really can’t get over 1.0 performing About You Now…
There’s a few Catfights album tracks I think they’d kill if they’re ever feeling daring (not that I’m holding out hope)…

I know we’ve seen it a few times at this point, but I really can’t get over 1.0 performing About You Now…
There’s a few Catfights album tracks I think they’d kill if they’re ever feeling daring (not that I’m holding out hope)…
Another example of crowd pleasing versus fan service, which I know you know.

They really should do an Overlod and a deep cuts show, with Siobhan getting an evening for her solo stuff, and Mutya too. Ideally four nights in a row in a small venue, a sugababes weekender basically. They won’t make much with it and it’s basically impossible, but we’d be there.

What they could do is create some medleys or interpolations of lesser known songs, in a way that is catchy enough to keep the people entertained and the fans amazed. In that regard they really could be a bit more creative.

Basically like they did Flatline as an encore at Scala and suddenly mixed Push The Button into it, which had me transcending.

But it’s festivals now, I’ll judge their next solo tour by higher standards.

I was hoping for a new, and more updated setlist that we haven't heard before. However, I understand that at a festival, they need to engage both fans and non-fans alike.

Regardless, it's exciting to have them touring again, and they must be doing something right as the crowd is loving them! Having watched performances from their latest gigs, they are killing it! The band have beefed up the production which sounds so good.

Last edited:
Girls Aloud did a takeover on Radio 2 and were asked about the Sugababes. Nadine said she loves the OG lineup and is happy they're back together. This is why Nadine is the queen of Girls Aloud!

Kimberley said she used to live next door to Keisha and sometimes texts Heidi because they did a trip together for Comic Relief.

Around the 40 minute mark if anyone is interested - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m001zf06

We’re about to enter June and I’m manifesting a busy month for the girls! We know they’re kicking off their new shows and I feel like if we’re going to get a new single, it’ll be before Glastonbury on the 28th.

I hope they get it together and can get a single and hopefully a video out by then! Would be a shame to miss such a big launch opportunity for a new single.