Sugababes - "When the Rain Comes" + 9th Album

Also in 2023 past Sugafans are now editors, playlisters, tour promoters, bookers etc.
I basically said the same thing in the tour thread. Plus they really are great and have a beloved catalogue, and somehow even after all the drama it feels like people consider them a credible group - maybe it even helped them that after About You Now, the general public checked out a bit?

When The Rain Comes picks up some past strings so it all makes sense. I hope people like it and BBC2 is keeping it up for a while.

I don't have many artists and group that I want to succeed as much as the Sugababes. Especially because I instantly felt in love with Siobhan the moment I heard Overload the first time. It took like five seconds of her opening verse to cement this song as one of my Top 5 songs of all times by anyone.

Now come to Germany.

If they pick the right week and go all out with formats (individual cover vinyl, multiple colours, alt group covers, signed etc) they could absolutely have a #1 album next year. I think #2-3 is more realistic, but it really does all depend on the week.
I think this too. An album campaign done properly with lead single & video, and then multiple formats of the album (all released on the same day!) could easily get them a top 5. And with the right tv performance (eg Graham Norton) it could be number 1-3 depending who else releases that week. I don’t know why people are hoping for lower end of top 10. One Touch got top 20 and it was a re-issue with no promo.

This is al very good promo!
Just wish the first interview was clearer on there being new music, but to get even the general audience aware of their return is great! Wish they had done a radio tour with the new single, but guess BMG might do that soon…

Quick interview from Dutch TV yesterday. Guess the eccentric interviewing is his trademark… but those harmonies

Also here’s another quick one, revealing they’ve written “parts” of the next single but it’s still in flux and being created.

It doesn’t matter how many times I hear them do a harmony like that, I just smile! They were honestly BORN to sing together. The perfect blend indeed.

The Lost Tapes and When The Rain Comes didn’t make the top 100 but they did chart in the following:

The Lost Tapes
Record Store Chart: 5
Independent Albums Chart: 7
Vinyl Albums Chart: 8
Physical Albums Chart: 13
Albums Sales Chart: 14
Scottish Albums Chart: 23

When the Rain Comes
Singles Downloads Chart: 12
Singles Sales Chart: 14

The Lost Tapes and When The Rain Comes didn’t make the top 100 but they did chart in the following:

The Lost Tapes
Record Store Chart: 5
Independent Albums Chart: 7
Vinyl Albums Chart: 8
Physical Albums Chart: 13
Albums Sales Chart: 14
Scottish Albums Chart: 23

When the Rain Comes
Singles Downloads Chart: 12
Singles Sales Chart: 14

Really happy that The Lost Tapes could finally experience some small chart wins!

Is there any breakdown that shows how many vinyl were sold?
Can’t find numbers for vinyl and CD anywhere. Combined it’s probably somewhere between 1,400 and 1,000.

(I think it reached #150 in the main album chart, the album at #111 had 1458 and an album just outside #200 had 1016 sales)