Sugababes - "When the Rain Comes" + 9th Album

I never really connected with the Sweethotties but When the Rain Comes...she's on repeat. @beyoncésweave her black magicks have worked!!
communityIcon_vif6rx1rwxs61.jpg

I must admit the first play of this track left me super disappointed- but it’s really grown on me and I think the hook in the chorus is deceptively simple but highly effective.

I can’t believe they released such a strong single with no video. It’s sad because we didn’t get a video for Flowers or any of The Lost Tapes songs. As it is, we only have Flatline with Siobhan outside of the One Touch era.

I hope this isn’t a trend when it comes to the new album.

Is “When the rain comes” the first single for a new album or was it just for the tour?

If it was just released for the tour it doesn’t surprise me there is no video.

I’m sure they would make a video for the first single of a new album.

I’m still trying to make out of this is their first official single to their new album , buzz single , or just a single for the O2 fans to say thanks. They have kinda said all these at different times.

Press release said it was the first single from their forthcoming album, didn’t it?
Yeah I saw that too. But they also said before “something new” and “a little something to the fans to say thanks”. So I’m kinda confused by it all. I imagine an official first single for an album deserves a music video for promotion, but again they are performing on GN. No idea!

It's the first single from the album, clearly, as they used it to announce the existence of the album. But it's not the BIG single though obviously, which will undoubtedly come with the album pre-order, hence them not throwing the whole promo budget on it. It being a "special thing for the O2 gig" and "a gift for the fans" is all secondary to that, and really is probably them explaining why we're getting a single before the album pre-order at all because I can't recall a BMG release doing that before.

So its a single from the album, and a buzz single, and something special for the fans. All at once. But don't hold your breath waiting for a music video.

Yeah I saw that too. But they also said before “something new” and “a little something to the fans to say thanks”. So I’m kinda confused by it all. I imagine an official first single for an album deserves a music video for promotion, but again they are performing on GN. No idea!

Not necessarily. It’s not 2007 anymore, they’ll want to sell an album not singles, so any budget that exists will be saved for when the album is ready. The single is merely out to keep their name out there and show that they’re active. If they’re going to film a music video it will be for the single the launches the album, not this one.

Not necessarily. It’s not 2007 anymore, they’ll want to sell an album not singles, so any budget that exists will be saved for when the album is ready. The single is merely out to keep their name out there and show that they’re active. If they’re going to film a music video it will be for the single the launches the album, not this one.
But people still actually bought albums in 2007? They need streaming hits surely.

But people still actually bought albums in 2007? They need streaming hits surely.
They still bought albums yes but they also chased #1 singles, which would be impossible for the Sugababes in todays climate.

The Sugababes are absolutely capable of getting a top 5 UK album but it comes down to promotion closer to the time, word of mouth, good will, nostalgia and physical formats.

Streaming hits are not what they’re going to be going for, and won’t be what brings them success.