Sugababes - "When the Rain Comes" + 9th Album

I’ve thought a bit about it and the updated single artwork is giving “the photographer sent us a small JPG that didn’t work for that print size so we got a bit creative”. But I’ll take it.

But the crop tool was right there!!

If I'm not mistaken - haven't all of their releases since the comeback had some thick border around them? What's wrong with a nice picture sans border ladies?!

Between the surprise change of artwork, the "Sugabababes" typo on the CD, whatever issues that caused the delay...this seems like a very poorly handled release by BMG? I'm honestly surprised they have dropped the ball so much for their first release with the group.

I'm only assuming it's all down to the label since that's exactly the nature of their deal: The girls just focus on making the music and BMG takes care of selling it.

Between the surprise change of artwork, the "Sugabababes" typo on the CD, whatever issues that caused the delay...this seems like a very poorly handled release by BMG? I'm honestly surprised they have dropped the ball so much for their first release with the group.

I'm only assuming it's all down to the label since that's exactly the nature of their deal: The girls just focus on making the music and BMG takes care of selling it.
The BMG intern must have been copying the spelling from the Change era single covers when designing the CD.

51vPpYRFhFL._UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

My first instinct was to throw the blame at BMG as well, but when I messaged one of the girls' managers, I was told that the delay was due to the "merch company" holding the stock. So it wasn't exactly BMG's fault but it does make a pretty poor impression for their first release with the label.

The revised cover is gorgeous! I don't bother with 1-track singles but may have to for that artwork alone. I love the art design and am surprised people don’t like that the title is coming down like rain.

I prefer an art design rather than just a picture, which I find boring (and I can print one out myself at CVS if I just wanted a picture).