Sugababes - "When the Rain Comes" + 9th Album

I'm just thinking about the fact that the last time they performed at a major awards show, they were essentially doing backing vocals for another band and the mic levels were turned down and the sound was mixed terribly and it was all a horrid shambles and at the end of that never did any of us dare to dream we'd be here ten years later, watching them get their flowers and just being their absolute best selves. So take that as you will!

Lord, seeing how "Freak Like Me" was not only a renaissance for 2.0 as a lineup with Heidi, but now, how it's become a hallmark of their reintroduction is just so enthralling. They need to release some studio vocals for this like "Push the Button"!
That intro video though, where they've purposely placed those album covers in a way to cover up Heidi... kinda shady.

Great performance though.

I don't even think it's about respect to Heidi or Siobhan with that particular intro. It's just savvy PR. The current Sugababes are Mutya, Keisha and Siobhan, and they are the people that should be featured in marketing materials.

We saw a similar (albeit worse) situation with the greatest hits where Amelle was on the cover, even though she was barely on 1/3 of the songs. I wasn't happy about it then, but it absolutely makes sense from a marketing perspective.

And I'm not even saying this in a shady way.

Mr.Arroz

Staff member
he/him/his
I don't even think it's about respect to Heidi or Siobhan with that particular intro. It's just savvy PR. The current Sugababes are Mutya, Keisha and Siobhan, and they are the people that should be featured in marketing materials.

We saw a similar (albeit worse) situation with the greatest hits where Amelle was on the cover, even though she was barely on 1/3 of the songs. I wasn't happy about it then, but it absolutely makes sense from a marketing perspective.

And I'm not even saying this in a shady way.
You're being realistic, and I think people are still attaching their feelings to the facts of the situation.

There is nothing wrong with letting go and moving on. "Get better, not bitter", as someone once famously said.

He/Him
Practically speaking, there are also likeness rights to consider. I don't know exactly how it works in the UK (though I can't imagine it's all that different), but in the US the production company/broadcaster would most likely require agreements with Heidi and Amelle granting the right to use their likeness before they would allow their image to go on-air.

Oddly enough, I was never a huge fan of overload… ironically it was the song that got me into Sugababes. I always preferred other songs on One Touch.

But, I would say the arrangement of Overload has given the song a new lease of life and it’s has quickly become one of my favourite songs they perform live now.

I’m down for literally anything they perform, minus flowers! That needs to go in the bin now.

I think they picked correctly for the medley. When you have this many hit songs you can do so many different things so it’s hard to get too upset by it.

What I will say is that I wish they’d increase their video output. I hate that When the Rain Comes didn’t get a video because they only have Flatline and the One Touch video. Looking at the controversy of cutting other members out of the video montage, that could be avoided if they had more videos of the current lineup to use.

I also think they should’ve chucked one out for something on The Lost Tapes. Things have changed where you can release a decent video for cheap so I’m not sure why they don’t.

Oddly enough, I was never a huge fan of overload… ironically it was the song that got me into Sugababes. I always preferred other songs on One Touch.

But, I would say the arrangement of Overload has given the song a new lease of life and it’s has quickly become one of my favourite songs they perform live now.

I’m down for literally anything they perform, minus flowers! That needs to go in the bin now.
Aside from Overload, Flowers is one of their biggest tracks with Siobhan. So I can definitely see that being kept for the foreseeable future.