Sugababes - "When the Rain Comes" + 9th Album

I do appreciate that they’re taking their time with the record as they wanna get it right. They’re really passionate about their music and I love that. They can easily shove anything together and release it, but these girls are quality!

While I’m desperate for new stuff, I’d rather have it when they are ready.

IMG_6269.jpeg

Last edited:
She/Her/Queen
I understand that they are independent and all but I would love them to announce proper touring schedules instead of drip feeding us. I would travel for one, two, three shows but it is hard to plan such things if you never know what's next or what else is coming.

Just come to Germany please (outside of one festival).
I agree with this. I can't plan my summer concerts properly when it's all over the place and not announced till later when I've already decided which city I'm gonna be at, it's annoying.

I understand that they are independent and all but I would love them to announce proper touring schedules instead of drip feeding us. I would travel for one, two, three shows but it is hard to plan such things if you never know what's next or what else is coming.

Just come to Germany please (outside of one festival).
They are clearly booking and announcing shows as they go. Just check out various Sugababes fan instagrams for an overview.

They are clearly booking and announcing shows as they go. Just check out various Sugababes fan instagrams for an overview.
Sis I literally said I understand why it happens, with them being independent, and I can still say I would love for it to be different. And I am more than able to follow the announcements, yes.

But thanks for the input.

These shows aren't part of regular touring schedules they would put together to support an album, and they have no power over when they're announced. They're either headline gigs as part of city-wide summer show series or sets at weekend festivals, all of whom have their own announcement schedules and priorities, and the gals just aren't powerful enough to ask all these places to coordinate themselves.

I know it's frustrating but it's out of their control.

I wonder if they’re gonna continue the festival circuit into next year, or take a breather.

Would be nice if they, for example, got an album out in Q4 with a big push and then toured Q1/2. I’m sure they could do Ally Pally/Victoria Warehouse sized venues with the right push.

Mr.Arroz

Staff member
he/him/his
Even when they were highly active, no matter the line-up, they were known for being a live act, from what I can glean?

Money is in touring and live appearances. They're doing the smartest thing, which makes sense since their first tour was UK-based -> they want to headline again and they're both banking on themselves but also proving that they can be booked and received well. It's fucking smart.

Have they been booked for many shows in the back half of this year?

If they’re going to do another headline tour this year, do we think it’ll be a similar length to the late 2022 schedule? That would make sense if they wanted to release music and promote it (and the tour) in the summer.

I hope they do another event show like the O2 to cap-off the end of this next tour!

I wonder if they’re gonna continue the festival circuit into next year, or take a breather.

Would be nice if they, for example, got an album out in Q4 with a big push and then toured Q1/2. I’m sure they could do Ally Pally/Victoria Warehouse sized venues with the right push.

I can't imagine them going for a Q4 release, but an album in Q3 this year and a tour next year is a definite possibility. Maybe even a co-tour with someone like Flo? I expect they'll do the odd outdoor show next year but they're going to need a break from the festival circuit at some point.

Have they been booked for many shows in the back half of this year?

If they’re going to do another headline tour this year, do we think it’ll be a similar length to the late 2022 schedule? That would make sense if they wanted to release music and promote it (and the tour) in the summer.

I hope they do another event show like the O2 to cap-off the end of this next tour!
They're covering so much ground this summer that I suspect they might just hold off a proper headline tour again until next year. There's a point where you hit critical mass and another round of shows this year feels like it might not have the same sort of buzz about it. Feeling like an act is constantly just "around" often isn't great for ticket sales, particularly when they'll be nudging £60 next tour.

A single this summer, Q4 album, late spring 2025 headline tour and daytime Glastonbury main stage slot with that fully deserved TV coverage feels... right.

The Cork show on 23rd May is (currently) their first show of the summer, I think? It's feasible they could premiere the single around then, with the album following in July/August. I don't think they'll make us wait too long between the two - they know fans have suffered enough waiting to last a lifetime.

The Cork show on 23rd May is (currently) their first show of the summer, I think? It's feasible they could premiere the single around then, with the album following in July/August. I don't think they'll make us wait too long between the two - they know fans have suffered enough waiting to last a lifetime.

Delighted they are coming to Cork, saw them in London but will have to go to this. The Marquee is a few thousand so it’s generally intimate enough.

Fun fact, Mutya’s grandmother is from Cork and she visits all the time. When I first met her a few years back she told me and as it was my hometown I honestly thought she was winding me until she listed specific details. I was gagged. So this should be a nice one for her.

Both the CD and vinyl variants of When the Rain Comes is back up and available at their store as of earlier this week. I grabbed both. Some products were added back and new discounts showed up on the store, too.

Also earlier this week, The Lost Tapes on CD appeared--and I bought it immediately since I waited too long previously. Not sure if this was a thing before, but I wasn't able to order more than one copy. And even after checkout, it wouldn't let me even see the product detail page while I was logged-into my account. Anyway, it's sold out now (it disappeared in a matter of hours, but mine has already shipped). So if you are still on the hunt, I would keep any eye on the store.