Sugababes | Page 1199 | The Popjustice Forum

Sugababes

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by Popjustice, Jan 17, 2010.

1. I played my copy of Angels today on my stereo (limited 14 track edition) and it still goes hard, isn't it? It sounds amazing on great speakers. Beats are so hard, bass is amazing, it sounds very electronic and fresh.

Heidi's pic in booklet is really not flattering tho. Anyone else having Japanese edition, is booklet different, or just cover?

Holly Something and ohaimanabu like this.
  2. Can we all just take a moment to marvel at the sheer euphoric glory that is 3.0’s version of Wait For You.

Sweet 7 gets a lot of hate but this is a shining moment. If Keisha had stayed this should have been single. We were denied a gorgeous and dramatic music video.

(Jade’s version wasn’t quite as good but I prefer her About a Girl and I’d say it’s a tie between her and Keisha on Thank You for the Heatbreak)

3. This is the one moment where Keisha really blows Jade out of the water...
    Nobody can sing like Keisha, don't get me wrong, but Jade's voice is better suited to Sweet 7's style...
    I would imagine that the 3.0 version of No More You is also much more impressive than the 4.0 version...

londonrain, Musiquelover64 and GCZ like this.
  4. No shade but I never thought Heidi would have sang the middle 8 of No Can Do this well

5. She sounds great! I’m assuming Amelle had a sore throat or something.

Bolsson and Sugaboy like this.
  6. The middle 8 queen strikes again.

7. How come anyone even question her middle 8 abilities!!!

jawow_ and Sugaboy like this.
  8. HRH

HRH

It is.

9. Lets not shade the 4.0 version of No More You now it is flawless.

And I say that as a dedicated 3.0 fan.

10. Do (not) forget this horror

K-El, Santi319 and Sugaboy like this.
    londonrain, cheida, Burzum and 2 others like this.
  12. The peak of British Pop.

Lapras likes this.
  13. Not that vocal.

londonrain and Burzum like this.
  14. I had to replay this to be sure if it's real. I love Heidi's bridges in their songs, but what the hell is this?

Edit: Just remembered why it seemed so familiar to me!!! Seen this probably years ago, a long time before I found out who Sugababes are:

So funny that I repeated it about 10 times now.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
  15. The future of Brexit:

Also RIP Martyn thank you for still making us laugh, wherever you are.

16. The concidence of me remembering the video and editing the post at the same time you posted this.
    I'm a bit mind blown.

Santi319 likes this.
  17. Just saw! Wow! The power of the Range.

londonrain, Burzum and Maki like this.
  18. I know that Heidi was never the most consistent vocalist in the group (that award goes to Mutya) but when she was on point she truly was incredible...
    I wouldn't have expected her to do the No Can Do Middle 8 justice but I actually think her live vocals in that vid are more impressive than Amelle's studio edit...

19. I fucking love Wait For You. I think the production is slightly dated in parts but the chorus melody is great.

sesita, GodsAndMonsters, GCZ and 3 others like this.
  20. I actually have dreams of seeing Wait for You being used for a really dramatic routine on Dancing on Ice.

I agree that the production is very much of its time but, nearly 10 years since it first leaked, it stands head and shoulders above many of today’s chart offerings! (And it is infinitely better than the Bruno Mars/Claude demo!)

It’s a travesty that this was never performed live. Keisha’s version actually gives me chills.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.