Sugababes

K

kevinandverity

Jackie Tyler said:
I hope it mentions the weather being wet south of the border again.

Oh...! I just got that line right there! Well... I am shocked. I was always like "WHAT are they ON about?"... the embarrassment.

Sugababes & JC Chasez... holy hell, this better be true. It will be like a 3 and half minute long orgasm. Unless it's like that crazy long mix of All Day Long I Dream About Sex in which case it will be a 6 minute long orgasm! Hurrah.

Girls Aloud are actually poisoning every single thread. There's a thread called "General Girls Aloud Discussion"... go have fun in it people constantly making these comparisons. It is so boring and irritating to read. It makes me hate them a little bit (Girls Aloud that is).

Ttoby said:
Well Easy did turn out pretty cringeworthy... I'm not holding my breath.

I liked 'Easy' - It was a lot better than Follow Me Home, and in fact I prefer it to both Push the Button and Red Dress, so I feel this is a bad reaction to the percieved 'devaluation of the Sugababes Brand' or some such rubbish.

Anyway I'd look forward to a collaboration bewteen the 'babes and JC.

K

kevinandverity

Yeah I loved Easy! It's a perfect pop song... fluffy but it has a sort of gritty sound that allows it to be played over and over again. And hearing Amelie's bit never gets old.

Push the Button is totally shit in comparison I think, but I never got Push the Button.. or Red Dress even.

nickinoo said:
Why do people get so arsey the second Girls Aloud are mentioned? You're too easy. Get over it, move on.

I think we're doing a public service, letting people know that pop music was not invented in 2002, etc.

A

Alfie

Yes, but it was saved by a mighty force called <s>Xenomania</s> Girls Aloud, if it wasn't for them, crap bands like Atomic Kitten and Blue would still be getting away with their crap voices and their cheap crap music now.

Phew.

S

Steve

Are Xenomania really a mighty force in the worldwide pop music industry though? Have they ever had a massive hit outside of the UK, apart from when they've worked with Sugababes?

"Easy" is OK, in my opinion, I think the chorus is pretty great, although basically unsingable live, but the verses do feel like they're missing something, and I'm not too keen on "Good To Be Gone" either.

Moving on... this sounds promising. I read somewhere that Jive have told JC to get back into the studio and rework some of his second album, as there has been a lukewarm response to the first single, and JC isn't a producer as far as I'm aware, so this will almost certainly be a collaboration with someone like Dallas, or possibly even someone bigger, considering the producers JC has been working with on his record.

JC re-worked the album this time last year. He's actually promoting the single in the U.S. and finishing the mixing on his album right now.

There has been a great response to the first single by reviewers but the record company hasn't sent the single out to many radio stations, instead opting to send JC out to hand deliver the single.

And JC actually has quite a history of producing and writing. He produced and co-produced many of *NSYNC's tracks on No Strings Attached and Celebrity. He produced and co-produced all of his first album and also has worked with Girls Aloud and Wild Orchid (Fergie's old musical group).

JC's also rumored to be writing for Britney's upcoming album.

S

Steve

That is very strange - it's available on iTunes USA already! I still think Jive completely screwed up the promotion and release of his first album; there is no reason why they can spend so much on Justin, but so little on JC.

Wasn't "Watch Me Go" a track he co-wrote for himself with Xenomania, but rejected, as opposed to him working with Girls Aloud themselves? Didn't he work with Boyz'N'Girls United (I have no idea if that's the right spelling!) too? I remember they worked extensively with Riprock 'N' Alex G on their debut record, and there was some talk of him being involved back in 2000. According to some of the gossip blogs, he has been seen 'canoodling' with Keisha!

I still can't believe JC rejected the beat of Fergie's "Glamorous" (originally used as a rejected remix for Gwen Stefani's "Luxurious"), though I guess he has some other stuff up his sleeve. I think the writing work he's done has been good.

Didn't he work with Boyz'N'Girls United (I have no idea if that's the right spelling!) too?

He did.

I'm not quite sure if JC ever intended to use the track Watch Me Go for himself, I just know that he has the writing credits on it.

The song that he wrote for Boyz 'n' Girlz United was called Messed Around.

I heard about the 'canoodling' thing with Keisha, they went to the Mariah Pinko party together, there are some pictures. I guess the JC and Sugababes connection goes through Dallas Austin who is a close friend of JC's and produced a few tracks on his new album.

i hope they really not workin with jc he is a nobody he is a consistant flop in the u.s i dont know if there trying to get fame wit him out here but it aint gonna work, dallas needs to hook da babes up wit a well known rapper, this might not work.

futureshokk said:
i hope they really not workin with jc he is a nobody he is a consistant flop in the u.s i dont know if there trying to get fame wit him out here but it aint gonna work, dallas needs to hook da babes up wit a well known rapper, this might not work.
*has a coronary*

Adem said:
futureshokk said:
*has a coronary*

Dallas needs to hook them up with Betty Boo.

The real one, not that Gangsta Ho To The Down Low version.

This could be really great, actually.

I'm slowly getting my hopes up again about the Sugababes. "Easy" was fine enough for a slapdash greatest hits extra, but "Good to be Gone" was pretty forgettable.

I have a feeling that JC is gonna come out with an amazing record that will inevitably flop because America is frightened by dance music that isn't poseur Justin Timberlake.

If there are a few tracks as good as "Watch Me Go" then it should be at least decent.